🖕 🍊 🤡 A Continuing Round-Up of Trumpian Events 🖕 🍊 🤡

Continuing the discussion from A round up of Trumpian events :fu::tangerine::clown_face::

15 Likes

I edited your title to put the emoji’s back in; hope you don’t mind.

12 Likes

Looks like the OG post got us through to half through the first term… I wonder if this one will last until the end of his first term…

14 Likes

Not at all! You made it pretty! Thanks!

10 Likes

Also easier to find at a glance when perusing the list of topics.

:wink:

Fixed that for ya, too; speak it into existence.

We’re not doing this insane shit for 8 years straight; we’re just NOT.

13 Likes

Thank you. The Round-Up of Trumpian Events has become an essential part of my day.

WE :clap: ARE :clap: REALLY :clap: NOT :clap: HAVING :clap: ANY :clap: MORE :clap: OF :clap: THIS A not-at-all tragic golfing accident would be the perfect gift for all Americans, please.

16 Likes

arya-bowing-thanks-lady

10 Likes

It is a mystery. They post a lot of far right chortling garbage, but somehow get rated as left-center?

I asked this a while back, and someone suggested that it was the opeds mainly which were infected by right wing garbage.

6 Likes
10 Likes

The Hill is basically like a local DC rag and both sides use it to push out press releases and opinions like bullhorns from one office bldg to the next. As far as I can tell the reporting of events is factual and unbiased but, because they mix opinions with news in a jumbled fashion it can appear slanted. Opinion pieces are tagged, one just has to filter them out.

As usual it’s always best to cross check any info you find there with other trusted sources.

eta: Most of the time they are re-posting stories from AP, Reuters, etc. anyway.

8 Likes

That, plus their very weird (to me) practice of auto-playing audio of someone reading verbatim, the same article that I’m already reading anyway.

But then on top of that, they get someone (perhaps a hapless intern) who evidently has not done much public speaking to read it.

Based on what I’ve read, I prefer Politico where they seem cynical enough to tell something approaching the truth.

6 Likes

I haven’t heard the auto-play recap.

Perhaps for the best.

2 Likes

Uh. I avoided this topic for mental health reasons.
Just had a look here because I wondered what the hell… Now I know. And feel I should not be here.

7 Likes

Understood, but it’s still important to keep track of all the fuckery, especially when the Powers That Be are trying to gaslight the whole fucking country.

Someone must bear witness, and live to tell the tale.

14 Likes

I can dig it. I had that same reaction to the Undocumented Americans thread, after a while I couldn’t take any more.

This thread hasn’t produced that reaction in me, it feels more like collective burden sharing.

12 Likes

I personally avoid Black Lives Matter Still for the same reason, even though I am an active advocate of the movement; too much exposure to too much bad news and willfully blind hatred takes a terrible toll on my psyche and my soul.

Besides, I’m not the audience that needs to be convinced that Black Lives Matter Just as Much as All Other Lives. I know all too well from personal experience the kind of content that it contains.

16 Likes

This.

A Round Up of Trumpian Events is focused on the often terrible results of a mistake that will be rectified.

Undocumented Americans and Black Lives Matter Still are compendia of the evil, inhumane shit that people do to one another for absolutely no reason at all. I feel like I should be able to look without flinching, but I can’t.

9 Likes

Much like Resist: a thread that I specifically requested to help counter all the terrible actions of this admin, and to keep our spirits up as we fight.

11 Likes
14 Likes

Report or no report; it ain’t over.

45 fucked over way too many other rich people and businesses on his way ‘up’, not to mention the IRS; they want payback, no matter how long it takes.

6 Likes