Generic 2018 U.S. Election Cycle Recycling Bin

Continuing the discussion from Generic 2016 US Election Cycle Recycling Bin:

7 Likes

16 Likes

I doubt this, but it’s funny anyway.

8 Likes
17 Likes

10 Likes

I’m just going to put my money down now on this topic eventually having to deal with the topics of either martial law or some flamboyant crisis that is used to justify mass arrests and/or disenfranchisement of political opposition before the mid-term elections.

9 Likes
8 Likes

Oh, this seems well-thought out.

10 Likes

Nukes are bad! No one should have nukes!

And until the rest of you disarm, we’re going to ramp up our nuke production!

You smell that? That’s the smell of American exceptionalism.

13 Likes

Arf. Do not upset the Donald!

6 Likes
10 Likes

Man, the second Cold War is a lot more friendly.

2 Likes

Indeed, it’s far more friendly.

8 Likes

Having mulled it for a bit, what we’re seeing and likely to see more of isn’t at all a new Cold War. Russia’s under Putin is expansionist - they’re already gotten away with attacks on and territorial expansions in Georgia/Ossetia and Ukraine/Crimea. Trump’s grateful for Russia’s electoral manipulations, has a cabinet that’s loaded with Russophiles, plans to defang NATO, and has persistently defended the invasion of Ukraine. With Trump’s naive view of Putin, and Russia’s past cyberwarfare attacks on Estonia and current mass military buildups, we seem to be seeing not the development of a Cold War, but the development of a new Molotov Ribbentrop Pact.

4 Likes

Riiiiiight.

7 Likes

Trump’s having trouble attracing musical talent for the inauguration.

Are Prussian Blue still recording?

11 Likes

Why not some 2020 hope?

7 Likes

I checked out the Google doodle for today, which gives the search term “tis the season.” And what to my wondering eyes should appear, for the ninth link to that term:

…because, of course, nothing says “peace on earth, good will toward men” than a screed bashing liberals.

Google should be ashamed of itself-- that’s coal in their stockings for sure. And as for the article itself… I can’t even. And I had to bail after reading the first few comments. I haven’t been feeling much “tidings of comfort and joy” this season… but that’s it. I’m just done. :confused:

11 Likes

So, in just the last 24 hours, via Twitter, Trump has managed to:

• undermine Obama’s authority on the UN vote on Israeli settlements
  • call for nuclear escalation
  • crater Lockheed’s stock and put thousands of jobs in jeopardy

I’m getting scared to open the news in the mornings.

10 Likes

Seems like some people get to perform at his inauguration, whether they want to or not.

6 Likes