God damn you 2020

As it was foretold in the tales of prophecy …

13 Likes

“ Edison International is preparing to potentially cut power to 70,000 customers on Thanksgiving Day, mainly in the mountains of Kern, Los Angeles, Riverside, San Bernardino and Ventura counties, according to the power company’s website.”

Sorry Californian friends.

15 Likes
4 Likes
6 Likes

710 freeway extension. Never gonna happen. (And if it did, it will take a minimum of 25 years for the big dig.)

This is so stupid – we have all these vacant homes and we have a lot of people who need housing.

8 Likes

Agreed.
This dispute is years-long.
Was soooooooooo hoping for a positive outcome at least in California.
I have friends working for social justice there and was tracking this issue.

FWIW, re housing the homeless in California…

January 2020:

March 2020:

Now this.

It’s almost like bad faith actions by people of all sorts seem to be or are in fact accelerating prior to the exit of Cult45 from the WH. Gosh.

The U.S.'s immoral free-for-all inside its own borders has never been more visible apart from … ok… during its past period of enslaving Black people, and killing indigenous peoples. Certainly the internet and the ubiquity of cameras on cell phones has made the information more accessible to more of the public. No more pretension, just all the blatant, emboldened whole U.S. record of broken treaties with the indigenous peoples here and elsewhere writ larger: broken social contracts and norms swept off the common table for all but a few of us. [Arguably, twas ever thus.]

Looking for a Zinn-like People’s History of the United States sequel documenting the :tangerine: :clown_face: shitstorm.

I regard this and this and this from our BBS, and the Lest We Forget the Horrors: Catalog of Trump’s Worst Cruelties, Collusions, Corruptions, and Crimes currently hosted at McSweeney’s, as part of the “permanent” accessible historical record, in case historians what to take the project on themselves, or in case anyone at the ACLU etc. wants to take a crack at prosecuting the transnational crime syndicate now installed in U.S. government (assuming there’s still a shred of rule of law in the U.S., going forward).

9 Likes
12 Likes

It’s almost like one could capitalize Enemies, Aid, and Comfort by stringing together a few events…

9 Likes

Huh… yeah…
:thinking:
Coincidence?

Putin probably gave :tangerine: :clown_face: a punch list to finish prior to January 20, 2021 because I sincerely doubt :tangerine: :clown_face: has any clue what government even does and where to punch us next. Putin really must have him by the short hairs.

ETA:
:musical_note: He’s making a list, and checking it twice, gonna find out who…:musical_note:

8 Likes
22 Likes

What a rip off, I can get those for free.

12 Likes

From the President, even.

6 Likes

https://longnow.org/seminars/02014/apr/22/helping-revitalize-city/

ETA: brief but good obit here:

4 Likes

46 is a terribly young age to die… but we’re OK with Holacracy, though?

1 Like

Details are scant but it’s reading like about a week ago a house he was staying at caught fire and he suffered critical injuries as a result. What an awful way to go.

5 Likes
14 Likes

oh dear. this saddens me deeply. I was fortunate enough to meet Trixie up close 7 years ago. it seemed sad, such a magnificent creature in confinement, no matter how many gallons it holds, she was enormous.
it is at the very top of my bucket list to dive with whale sharks in the wild. they are so awesome and beautiful.
RIP, Trixie.
ETA: I hesitated to :heart: your post for the very sad content, but did to appreciate the information. that needs to be known.

14 Likes

Never been to Atlanta, but I got to see whale sharks in Churaumi Aquarium in Okinawa, and it was an awesome experience.

2020 had been a crap year for zoo animals here in Tucson, although with one exception they were all well over their natural life expectancy. Still, I think all pretty hard in an organization that had just gotten a major bond passed and had expected to be busy with an exciting expansion instead of shut down and mourning. Hopefully next year will be kinder to them.

8 Likes

2020 must be difficult for dogs (& other creatures with sensitive noses), what with everything and everyone reeking of sanitizer and disinfectant and whatnot.

8 Likes
7 Likes