"A Scary Time (For Men and Boys)," a mockingly pitch-perfect ukelele protest song by Lynzy Lab

TIL: Entirely too many people on BB BBS are 80’s kids.

10 Likes

Any idea what the difference is between a “DM” and a “PM”*? This texty-phone-code lingo is very confusing.

*Aside from a “DM” being someone who peers menacing over a screen and can enact a Total Party Kill on a whim; while a “PM” is someone who peers menacing through a screen during the party conference season and can enact a Total Party Kill on a whim?

2 Likes

My 80s kids grew up with DMs (Dungeon Masters). Not even sure what the new connotation is… PM? (Private message? I thought that was IM (instant message)). I am so confused…:thinking:

2 Likes

I’d be pretty pleased if my next PM was also a DM.

I had a guy on Words With Friends last week who was upset that I wasn’t looking for a date. Like, to the point that he blocked me halfway through the game and somehow made it look like I’d forfeited.

12 Likes

8 Likes

They’re the same thing, basically:

DM = direct message
PM = private message

I’m also an 80’s kid; but between being online and having a teen I actually talk with, I seem to be able to keep up with much of the “new slang.”

5 Likes

Truly thou are Down With The Kids. :sunglasses: Thank you.

4 Likes

Kevin & Bean 106.7 KROQ just played this on their morning show.

1 Like

Its been rough for the last 2 weeks and its exhausting glad to see some music addressing it

Whats wrong with living on a first floor apartment? You would have to be a determined climber to get up that high for a break in.

1 Like

First floor in the US is the ground floor.

7 Likes

DMs, PMs, IMs, BMs…wtf. (more confused than ever.)

1 Like

After a mile or so, you tend to have your crush pretty much figured out.

4 Likes

Instant messages, bowel movements, and whiskey, tango, foxtrot.

:wink:

4 Likes

Doc Martin?

2 Likes

I fully support the underlying message, but I saw a Ukelele in the thumbnail and I was like

2 Likes

Geez. You must peace out a lot here at Boing Boing.

https://bbs.boingboing.net/search?q=ukelele

4 Likes

Not really, if you scope it to first post, there aren’t that many

https://bbs.boingboing.net/search?q=ukelele%20in%3Afirst

I count five from BB proper. The ukelele is a bit too twee for my tastes, unless it’s like traditional Hawaiian stuff.

Off topic as fuck.

The point here is the hypocrisy of the White cis-hetero male patriarchy; Personally I don’t give a good damn if she was playing a freakin’ piccolo or, heaven forbid, an accordion.

9 Likes

Turns out, people may have different opinions about different things. And an accordion would have been cooler!

1 Like