"A Scary Time (For Men and Boys)," a mockingly pitch-perfect ukelele protest song by Lynzy Lab

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/10/09/a-scary-time-for-men-and-bo.html

28 Likes

Hurrah, I say. Hurrah.

18 Likes

What is “slid[ing] into my DMs?”

2 Likes

I’ve wondered if the dudes who perpetuate this cycle of abuse but haven’t been outed yet are worried or if they’re all like, “Who cares? There clearly aren’t any long-term consequences… for me.”

6 Likes

She wins everything!

19 Likes

DM = direct messages between users; ‘sliding into’ them means trying to hit on someone via private messages.

11 Likes

and of course (as she mentions) usually beginning with either “send me nudes” or “here’s a pic of my junk you never asked for”.

10 Likes

mb1pZJv

12 Likes

If you’re a man whose not like this, theres not much to say. You can speak out and correct all the shitty things your friends say and do, but who really wants friends like those. And when women get this kind of thing everywhere, there is not much point trying to get close to them, they’ve heard it all.

Being around other human beings, men or women, does not seem a good idea at all. It’s all good, though, I revel in my safety, not being raped, not being harassed. Truly a proud time to be a man. Just not this man.

3 Likes

19 Likes

It IS a scary time for men and boys, if scary = excellent time for necessary introspection.

17 Likes

10 Likes

Will resting regret face be OK?

5 Likes

“Direct Messages”. Ah-hah.

Thanks so much. Because I was thinking ‘Doc Martens’ and wondering if kids-these-days hinted attraction by putting on each others’ shoes.

9 Likes

6 Likes

Lol I was thinking Doc Martens too

3 Likes

Headcanon: her crowds are, larger, more adoring, and more beautiful than those at the last presidential nomination!

Actual fact, headcanon aside : her fans are more loving.

5 Likes

I’m open to folks pulling on my shoes.

2 Likes

Stop being an L7, Daddy-O.

2 Likes

I though it meant “Doc Martens” too; and, I will have you know, I am strictly straight from the fridge. :wink:

2 Likes