A sizzle reel for the upcoming 'Obi-Wan Kenobi'

Originally published at: A sizzle reel for the upcoming 'Obi-Wan Kenobi' | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Cool, I guess. The problem with sizzle reels is that there’s so little there. Most interesting thing I saw was a second of Ewan practicing with a “saber.” I’d definitely take more of that.

4 Likes

for the clueless (moi) among us (duckduckgo bang: “!ud sizzle reel”):

A sizzle reel is a fast paced video that is short and incorporates creativity with sounds and engaging sights to advertise or promote a product, concept or person. The purpose is to capture attention. The meaning of this term has been expanded through popular usage to also mean what is most often called a highlights reel.

(“so not a “teaser” nor “trailer” ?”)

5 Likes

28 Likes

Please, make it stop.

5 Likes

No. It will continue until the Guardians of the Galaxy join up with the Rebel Alliance and Captain Marvel fights the Emperor and all media is Star Wars.

6 Likes

Annnnd…the same assholes who leaked it got it taken down to generate FOMO. Release the trailer or do not release the trailer. There is no sizzle reel. But you have earned antipathy for your abuse of the copy-strike system as a marketing gimmick.

5 Likes

I think sizzle is too prolonged a sound effect, maybe a flickering sputter reel?

2 Likes

A truer comment has never been written. Then we’ll be sentenced to reboots of all of it.

2 Likes

I really hope they brought James Earl Jones in to record Vader’s dialogue when the helmet is on. I don’t know if it would really be Vader any other way.

edited for grammar

2 Likes

12 Likes

Boba Fett is in this one? Wouldn’t he be like 13 at this point in the timeline?

1 Like

That was the fakest looking Samuel Jackson I’ve ever seen.

2 Likes

Given that Ewen McGregor now has loads more screen time in the role; I wonder if Disney will use CGI to deepfake McGregor over Alec Guinness in a New Hope? Though, I guess that kind of shenanigans is more George Lucas’s wheelhouse.

1 Like

That seems like it came from a cartoon. So apparently this “sizzle reel” is just a collection of random footage some fan cobbled together into a video, I guess? I’ve been seeing a lot of those late, for some reason, often trying to pass themselves off as actual trailers.

1 Like

Disney Exec 1: I have an idea for a new plot twist. You remember that character from the movies who lost a battle and then fell to their presumed death? What if… they didn’t really die after all?

Disney Exec 2: Do you mean Boba Fett, Darth Maul, Emperor Palpatine or Mace Windu?

Disney Exec 1: Yes.

7 Likes

@Shuck, the (now removed) sizzle reel was an official clip from Disney+ Hotstar Southeast Asia; it was not that fan-made video.

Here’s a video reacting to (and showing) some of the concept art of the sizzle reel:

Here’s another reaction video featuring the full sizzle reel; maybe this one will be taken down, maybe not. We’ll see…

1 Like

But can Luke lift Mjollnir?

3 Likes

I can’t wait for the new adventures of Colonel Dyer.

2 Likes

How about a “pft?”

1 Like