Disney quietly removes jizz from Star Wars continuity

Originally published at: Disney quietly removes jizz from Star Wars continuity | Boing Boing

6 Likes

I saw them back on stardate 53420.1, what a show.

Also,

This is awful, and I wish they wouldn’t have done that.

9 Likes

I’m OK with that.

Harrison Ford Shrug GIF by Star Wars

16 Likes

I’m ok with this horrible thing leaving the Star Wars universe forever.

return of the jedi episode 6 GIF by Star Wars

11 Likes

Y’know there’s a reason why quite a few great musicians refused to be categorised as “jazz”. Some preferred terms such as Black classical music.

3 Likes

I am not cool with this wanton revision of our collective cultural history! I plan on loudly teaching the controversy about…

OK… Need to choose my battles more wisely. But listen: the film used to end with “Yub Nub,” and was perfectly good the way it was. Keep circulating the tapes!

10 Likes

Why they be hatin’? Max is just trying to get to the gig!

It’s increasingly rare to find musicians so dedicated to their craft.

11 Likes

I once had a chinchilla named YubNub.

I still believe in the Ewokese word for freedom :fist:

13 Likes

I hate it on so many levels. I hate the rapiness; I hate the connection it makes to RISE OF SKYWALKER; I hate RISE OF SKYWALKER; and I hate how it totally ruins the foundational prophetic irony of the Skywalker Saga. Star Wars obviously works in broad mythological connections. Having an immaculately conceived “Chosen One” is a classic … and then that seemingly gets undone when Anakin turns evil. But wait! The immaculate Anakin comes back around in the end and he DOES bring balance to the Force, just as prophecised, by killing off the Jedi AND the Sith!

Now it’s all just…Palpatine.

8 Likes

I can’t watch ROTJ anymore on cable since Lucas redid the scene in Jaba’s palace and replaced not only the original puppets with cgi characters but changed the entire music score. It’s unwatchable now.

6 Likes

Jizz sounds like a real funky name.

2 Likes

And let’s face it, he’s awful. He’s also now the prime mover in the whole mainline SW cannon. Bleh.

2 Likes

Look, sometimes you just want to enjoy a quiet drink in a cantina without getting hit with a bunch of jizz the second you walk in the door.

17 Likes

Somehow, Palpatine knocked her up.

5 Likes

He also ensured Rey’s existence and force affinity too. What a scamp, that Sheev!

1 Like

i know this is a mythical world but clearly Max Rebo’s band plays some sort of electronic-disco (in the original) or modern funk inspired music (in the new version) and The Modal Nodes band plays a sort of electronic big band ala Benny Goodman. They are clearly not the same kind of music no matter what you call it.

6 Likes

Same, I can only watch the “de-specialized” versions. Which, are pretty good - of course not on any official streaming platform but you can easily find it on alternative download sites…

6 Likes

While I don’t know if yubnub directly translates, several of the Ewok phrases are supposed to be Tagalog (Filipino).

In my head canon, I always assumed Shmi had been somehow manipulated by The Force by either Palpatine or some other force user for some long term plan. Like it didn’t just happen, there was some secret hand pulling the strings.

Very. The people who follow Jizz bands on tour, Jizz Heads as they are known, are some really funky cats.

2 Likes

Back when Star Wars came out, and I was a teenager, jizz was all over the place.

3 Likes

IMG_0165

14 Likes