Here's the new Star Wars: The Force Awakens movie trailer

[Read the post]

"I heard a disturbance in the force, as though millions of voices cried out . . .

ā€™DONā€™T SUCK, DONā€™T SUCK, OH PLEASE DONā€™T SUCKā€™

. . . and then were distracted by a rumor about a taling BB8 toy."

6 Likes

ā€œYes, itā€™s true. Midichlorians were a hoax created by the corrupt marketing wing of the Jedi Order in order to sell vitamin supplements.ā€

6 Likes

Seriously. Iā€™ve been doing a great job at avoiding promo material in an effort to keep myself jaded and armored against the possibility of disappointment, but this trailer reduced me, quite literally to tears. It looks like itā€™s too late for my cynicism to protect by thrice-broken heart.

4 Likes

Soooooo Goooooood!

7 Likes

The sandpeople are an interesting bunch.

Did you know their SFX is a donkey braying minus the ā€œheeā€ part?

3 Likes

ā€¦ And a quick recap for anyone wondering what this ā€œStar Warsā€ is that all the kids are talking about these days:

4 Likes

Thatā€™s actually a really decent recap, and a lot more accessible than this:

3 Likes

The trailer looks great, but who knows how the movie will turn out. It could turn out to be Episode VII: The Greed Awakens. Weā€™ll see.

1 Like

ā€¦ order of the Jedi Order in order to order vitamin supplements. (fify)

1 Like

ā€œFear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.ā€

4 Likes

Also too!

Will I need to go back and watch Episodes 2 and 3 for this to make sense? After seeing Episode 1, I never got around to ā€œRevenge of the Jar-Jarsā€ or whatever the two followons were, and Iā€™m still annoyed that Lucas hasnā€™t released ā€œThe Original Han-Shot-First Star Warsā€ that I saw in theaters before it was replaced with ā€œEpisode 4: A New Hope: The Directorā€™s Cut: Revised!ā€

(Yeah, I know thereā€™s a laser disk edition out there, but I donā€™t have that; Iā€™m not sure Iā€™ve even got a working VHS player any more : -)

Thereā€™s a community project now called Harmyā€™s Despecialized Edition, thatā€™s restored the Star Wars to the original theatrical cut using HD sources, and in the process have done color corrections etc. Theyā€™re really great packages. You can look them up on your favorite torrent site, theyā€™re always well-seeded, since everyone loves 'em. The latest despecialized editions even come with extra commentary audio tracks, lots of subtitles, and neato boxart.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.