A snail lovestory

Originally published at: A snail lovestory | Boing Boing

2 Likes

I would say “ask the artist” but Instagram is such a smorgasbord of content-copiers within a walled garden that I suspect you wont be able to figure it out.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Are they sheltering from the rain, or have they just parachuted in?

I have mixed feelings about snails.
Tried growing small cos lettuces (letti?) about 4-5 foot up the side of the shed in gutters. (Nice trick I’d seen somewhere). Nope. Covered in snails, nibbled the lot. How the fuck did they get up there?

It took me a while to realise that the whorled shell is where they keep the rappeling line. Fuck knows where they hide the grappling hook but I know what they’re up to, the sneaky bastards.

3 Likes

I like how the snail parents are coded as male and female (but especially since snails are hermaphrodites).

Given that I frequently find snails sheltering on the undersides of tables, etc. outside, a mere vertical wall clearly offers no impediment to them. Their “feet” are effective little suction cups. And they could move 20+ feet in a night, so a four foot distance is nothing for them.

There are some snails that can survive being passed through the digestive system of a bird, which means somewhere out there, there’s a skyscraper rooftop garden that mysteriously found itself with a sudden outbreak of snails…

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.