A statistical analysis of why people hate post-grunge band Nickelback

What else do you expect from post-post-grunge?

1 Like

“Carly Rae Jepsen“

I wasn’t aware that NB had much involvement in promoting her.

Canadian Idol & Justin Beavis, sure

5 Likes

8 Likes

That was a good video btw. Subscribed.

5 Likes

There was a story in the Guardian a few months ago, written by an Indian woman who lives in the UK. I can’t remember if she’s a UK citizen, the descendant of immigrants, or an international student, but that’s not important.

The point of the story was that she had a carefully curated playlist on Spotify of her favourite Bollywood songs. One day Spotify declined to renew the licence for a bunch of them and her playlist was suddenly full of holes.

5 Likes

Yep; having ‘hard copy’ matters, at least to me.

7 Likes

Me: TRUE hides out in cave made of DVDs, CDs, records, and books, especially books :laughing:

8 Likes

Seth Meyers Wtf GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

4 Likes

I have physical media of nearly everything except a lot of books. I buy far too many books. I have “tsundoku” (the phenomenon of acquiring reading materials but letting them pile up in one’s home without reading them.)

I got a Kindle partly to solve this problem, but also because it’s immensely handy to take a huge library on holiday. Unfortunately I now have digital tsundoku too. At least it saves on bookshelves.

5 Likes

4 Likes

If i had a nickle(back) for every time stuff like this happens…

7 Likes

Is… is that even possible?

5 Likes

Right?

I’m like Bruce Banner, except instead of “angry” I’m always reading.

7 Likes

What a marvellous way to translate ‘bibliotaph’ into Japanese. I am also a bibliophage, so there is that.

There are well over 30,000 books in our home. I haven’t read most of them, but many are reference works.

I’m not quite deranged enough to read the Pocket Oxford Dictionary from cover to cover, ferinstance.

6 Likes

Eat Raven Symone GIF by The Animal Crackers Movie

4 Likes

True. You’re probably not going to encounter “verisimilitude” in the wild.

2 Likes

My 19th C British novels have me looking up 1-3 words on avg.

1 Like

Superlative!

Game Eyebrow GIF

3 Likes

Thanks to them I’ve learned embonpoint, lyncean, lucubrations, and lots of other words who have become obscure and archaic.

3 Likes

Exactly. Phil Collins got sort of retired by a new generation and for some reason Nickelback emerged as a replacement. And that is all there is to it, really.
To me it’s more interesting to see people try so hard to come up with reasons for it, now matter how far fetched and creatively argued.

I wonder who will be next.

(I do like the “Ted Cruz likes Nickelback” meme.)

4 Likes