A stolen lobster truck crashed into another lobster truck, because Boston

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/12/22/a-stolen-lobster-truck-crashed.html

5 Likes

Foolish thieves, you were supposed to steal the lemon-butter truck!

19 Likes

I believe it’s pronounced lobstahh cahh.

8 Likes

Before this, the most Boston thing I experienced was driving through the Big Dig and suddenly being overwhelmed with the delicious smell of roasted lobster… and then finding out that literally overhead, Boston’s largest lobster distributor was on fire.

20 Likes

So … Boston allows giant lobsters to mate with vehicles.

6 Likes

H’yup.

12 Likes

Allows? If they get enough serotonin in them, who’s going to stop them?

3 Likes

i really don’t like lobster
(better version with more lobster hate)
3 Likes

the photo used, and that company are from orlando, florida. so it’s actually not that weird.

4 Likes

Obligs:

19 Likes

Boston (and the whole area) is so lobster-centric that I only occasionally admit that I much prefer crab to lobster.

4 Likes

14 Likes

I’ve ridden my bike through that intersection many times. It is an unsurprising place for an accident.

2 Likes

From George Carlin:

I hope everyone was wearing their seat-belts and bibs.

9 Likes

Nippy little bastihds have come a long way, cuisinewise

6 Likes

There was a jailhouse riot in what is now Marblehead, Mass over too much lobster. It was the original ‘chicken of the sea.’

2 Likes

About the only way they could make it more Boston would be to have the pursuit end up on Storrow Drive.

2 Likes

Lobster is a sea cockroach, yuk. The only reason I can see why people eat it is that is a conduit for butter and lemon.

(I’m from and still live in Massachusetts)

1 Like

The irony is that people eat spiders in this universe, too.

6 Likes