A thread of our own- misogyny (Part 1)

There should be a law that if Jonathan Mitchell steps outside, it is fine for women to punch him. It’s not like it really impinges on his rights…if he wants to stay in control of his health, he can simply change his behavior and stay inside.

21 Likes

A brave doctor has defied the terrible abortion law. Days after it went into affect. I am quite sure this was planned, he expects to be sued and the Center for Reproductive Rights has his back.

You can donate to the CRR here if you have the cash. I will as soon as I figure out where I put down my purse. https://reproductiverights.org/

18 Likes

This reminds me: I fluv the obgyn in the video you posted above. Everything was awesome, but her bit about how fetuses have rights, but shouldn’t have more rights than the rest of us, like the right to use someone else’s body against their will or to their detriment. Wow. Well said.

10 Likes

Now they have standing to challenge the law?

9 Likes

This is my guess. The doc is waiting to be sued. Once he is sued he has standing and the Center for Reproductive Rights will step in as his legal counsel. They will begin the barrage against all the parts of the statute that prevent any affirmative defenses or arguments based on constitutional rights and Roe v Wade. I bet they are already working on that. They will push the case as far as possible to get it delcared unconstitutional.
Is that what you meant? If not, I am a lawyer, tho this area is not my wheelhouse. I’ll try my best to answer

12 Likes
13 Likes

Ah, if only all of those assholes would actually fuck off to male-only communes, preferably with no internet access, and leave the rest of us to continue our journey towards equality.
But they won’t because those groups are not about the love of all that is male. They are about the fear of losing power and the hate of any female who dares to assert her own autonomy or have her own thoughts.

Deep down, they know how women (and gay men, and BIPOC, and especially trans and non-binary people) have been treated in our societies and they fear being treated the same way and losing the ability to be the one dishing out the pain. Too bad. We will drag you screaming and kicking into the future.

18 Likes

I also see this as more hatred of the “other.” Everything wrong in their lives is always someone else’s fault, never the result of their own actions. They spend a great deal of time and energy blaming “the other” and spreading the lie that their lives would be so much better if they could just get rid of <fill in the blank>. They’ll always find some difference to attack, even in an all-male community. On the plus side, their numbers should continue to decrease. :crossed_fingers:t4:

14 Likes

Wouldn’t it be lovely to know that the men remaining in our communities were trustworthy allies?

So much sexier than all that toxic masculinity nonsense.

14 Likes

Or we will leave you behind; take your pick.

ETA:

I have to say it, regarding the last “commune” that article mentions: three dudes ‘living off the land’ is not a community nor a society.

13 Likes

Hell yes. Big part of the appeal my partner has for me!

Either way works for me

11 Likes

Roger that.

9 Likes

The cop’s reaction is typical…

15 Likes

Ugh, this whole scenario is horrible. Cops like to put the burden of preventing crime on us, and act as though they’ll be there to help when crime happens. Most of the time, they are the cleanup crew - an incompetent crew, too.

15 Likes

A decent read, actually:

11 Likes

What the actual FUCK, Buzzfeed. This is how that “article” ends:

If you or someone you know believes you/they are being followed, People Safe advises that you try to remain calm, go to where people are, and call your local police.

Um… that’s the fucking problem, yo; the police don’t actually do shit to help anyone but themselves.

16 Likes

“Hey, someone dumped the coffee pot in the break room. Can you help us clean it up?”

“Hang on, let me get my gun.”

11 Likes

That was weird, right? Because in the article, the woman who was frightened and shaken called the police and they did absolutely fuck all. :woman_facepalming:t2:
I have to think there’s some better bit of advice…

11 Likes

More than weird; utterly tone deaf and borderline irresponsible.

12 Likes

, where things can get mighty strange.

10 Likes