A thread of our own- misogyny (Part 1)

Dealer’s choice.

12 Likes

Kind of ironic that one of the most traditionally gendered/hypermasculinized toy lines out there actually has “Trans” right in the name.

17 Likes

seth meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

10 Likes

We need to gaslight the wingnuts. Start a rumor that they’re a plot by the Wachowskis to get the right to accept trans people. They even charged their bodies!

15 Likes

Not to mention that other children’s toy line that includes a tramsgender character who invites anyone on the island to get inside them.

toby-the-tram

13 Likes

Excited Christina Ricci GIF

8 Likes

The Target near us does a pretty good job. Toys are organized by age and then type. Little baby toys, then toddler toys all mixed up, then the lego aisle, then costumes with trad boys and girls together, then the slimes/art/playdoh then dolls with barbie on one side and action figures on the other. You get the idea.
Anyway, I appreciate it. Especially one entire side of a long aisle just for legos.

9 Likes

That’s a much more sensible approach than directing a store to separate toys into quasi-arbitrary “gendered” and “non-gendered” sections.

5 Likes

This goes to show that making sex work legal isn’t a silver bullet. After reading that article I feel really naive in how much I thought legalizing the trade would help.
It definitely would be better than what we have in the US right now, but clearly wouldn’t stop stuff like trafficking.
I’m glad Jewel’s story had a happy ending.

15 Likes
16 Likes

JFC! She just didn’t want to do it in front of a male officer, so that?!?
And then they had the gall to charge her for the abuse:

Behringer was billed $1,100.24,

18 Likes

I’m glad Mako is out of the misogynistic cess pit of japanese royality. Sheesh. Women don’t get family names (only men), are excluded from sucession, and kicked out when they marry. I wish Mako a happy and quiet life out of rhe public eye, as she seems to desire.

18 Likes

That is horrible! I hope she takes them to the cleaners.

13 Likes

Let’s all make a pact that we never, never, never EVER move to Alaska (4 times the rate of the next state):

17 Likes

Whoa, weren’t there a lot of magazines and news stories in decades past encouraging single women to go to Alaska because there were so many available men? This seems more like a Lifetime movie waiting to happen! :scream:

13 Likes

That’s a huge reason I like that show “Maid.” Not that it happens to be set in Alaska, but because the central character learns that she and her daughter really really need to get away from her potentially murderous partner. Oh, and part of that actually is moving away from Alaska. At least, I think it’s set there. . .

10 Likes

Yes, ther is this phenomenon known as the Spenard divorce, which consists of one spouse getting murdered in the winter and nobody knowing until the spring.

2 Likes
10 Likes

It would be simultaneously hilarious and heartbreaking if it’s the sportsball that breaks the Texas abortion law. Still, props to the NAACP for taking a stand and hopefully putting fear in every sportsball fan in the state.

18 Likes

This is a threat that they may actually take seriously down there, though. Of course, they will somehow try to make it illegal to refuse to sign with a team. You know, property rights and all.

11 Likes