A thread of our own- misogyny (Part 1)

This shit keeps happening. The girl was 15 ffs.

16 Likes

rage GIF

13 Likes

No way in hell should the victim be forced to take that harassment class, either. Where’s the class for the predator and administrators? :rage:

16 Likes
10 Likes

Do not go to comments. OMG, do not.

18 Likes

This is some fucked up shit we can’t process yet because it’s too confusing:

So a police officer reported being sexually assaulted, got told to do a psychological assessment, then later met the doctor who supposedly did the assessment except it wasn’t the same person. So a fake doctor impersonated the psychologist… except then when police investigated that complaint they arrested the actual psychologist.

This is definitely still mid-thing and I’m not even sure what the psychologist is being charged with, but it looks like the police were punishing the officer for reporting assault, used a fake psychologist to harass and discredit the officer, then went after the real psychologist when the fakery came out? Even if that’s not the case the whole thing looks fucked in half and definitely starts with the police department punishing an officer for reporting being assaulted.

18 Likes

Wow. That is messed up. I don’t mean this in a cavalier way at all, but I do hope that once it gets sorted out there is a documentary about this. It sounds like the kind of thing where, if you fell victim to it, people would think you were crazy, until they saw the movie.

11 Likes

Right? Though I was thinking the Coen brothers should get on it.

6 Likes

Or maybe David Lynch, depending on where the story goes…
A real psychological thriller.

6 Likes

What started as an ordinary Wednesday night in Norfolk, Virginia, turned to tragedy when a gunman shot five women, killing three and injuring two. Among the victims was a lesbian couple attempting to save their teenage daughter.

Palmer, who was in a relationship with Lovewine’s daughter, is now in police custody, charged with three counts of second-degree murder, two counts of malicious wounding and several firearm charges. He is being held without bond after his arraignment Thursday in Norfolk General District Court.

Boone adds that police believe this was a domestic issue.

16 Likes

Another NBA team owner made extremely sexist and racist comments for decades, and now the details are coming out:

16 Likes
16 Likes

“ Walder is a well-known author publishing literature for children and young adults in the Ultra-Orthodox world, with his series Kids Speak (in Hebrew - Yeladim Mesaprim Al Atzmam ) selling over two million copies of his books in ultra-Orthodox communities across Israel and the Diaspora. The first book in the series became one of the top five best-selling books in Israel of all time.”

16 Likes

Such a charmer. /s

14 Likes

Hold the door open for everybody, dude. How about fuck chivalry and being a descent human being instead?

14 Likes

Their arguments from “chivalry” would have a micron more depth (bring it to a total of one micron) if they had ever held a door open for anyone, male or female, simply because it was the right thing do.

Also, their idea of what “chivalry” is has almost nothing to do with any historical or romantic practice or ideal. (Which the article points out, but hoo boy could you write whole theses on that point.)

10 Likes

If you hold the door open for everyone, then they won’t feel special. /s

To Quote: “The reason why a man opens the door for a woman is that this is a straightforward, unspoken act that lets her know that she is special.”

8 Likes
11 Likes

One time I was rushing to get to a conference session. A man in the hotel lobby/vestibule saw me approaching, stepped over and hit the big button that’s there for people in wheelchairs. You know, the one that makes the door open automatically but generally quite slowly? (It was a swing out door, not a sliding door.)
I pushed through the other side and was almost into the main building before the auto-door had even opened fully.
He scowled and shouted after me, “I opened it for you!!!”
My point: chivalry is not chivalry, nor polite, when you expect something from it. I know we all know this here, but that experience was a hilarious illustration of that.

16 Likes
13 Likes