A thread of our own- misogyny (Part 1)

All the fucking categories. Billionaire - Lives in Whitefish, techbro, hedge funder. Alleged to have assaulted many, many women. Alleged to have ordered security to kill people. Owns an international private security firm. Could not get security clearance with the gov because of abuse allegations. Is that billionaires thread still up?

Maybe a civil action isn’t the only way to go. But given he’s alleged to have bought off the local cops & government- maybe the Feds should be involved.

20 Likes
11 Likes

The other shoe drops on Time’s Up:

9 Likes

So like, massaging your prostate during a professional Zoom meeting is okay?

I Dont Think So No Way GIF by TLC Europe

(Not that I believe for a second that he wasn’t choking that chicken.)

9 Likes
15 Likes
23 Likes

I found this thread hilarious, and I realize it’s kinda niche, but dang, it’s funny–the end with the NY Times bit in it is >chef’s kiss< perfect.

:fire:

… as the conversation gets underway… this:

(the formatting is obnoxiously messed here as Onebox displays it, but still funny; format is fine at the link)

15 Likes
12 Likes
23 Likes

Adventure Time No GIF

9 Likes

Did the fucking Rabid Puppies game the grammy nominations?

2 Likes

For what? How are they still relevant?

6 Likes

The music biz side is a support group for abusive guys. Just taking care of their own.

9 Likes

Yeah… soon enough a group like Time’s Up is going pop up in the music industry to give these creeps some real cover.

6 Likes
10 Likes
14 Likes
16 Likes

Danny Elfman Skeleton GIF

16 Likes
8 Likes

Of the ones I actually know some make sense. On the other hand, though, for instance one of the reason people I know hated last-season Daenerys was because she felt like a bad stereotype. To have her go from ruthless liberator to wanton killer in a moment without even any dialog seemed less like a culmination and more like saying “wait we forgot, bitches with power be cray”. That might not be the same worry for male characters but I’m not sure I’d consider that objection sexism per se.

11 Likes