A thread of our own- misogyny (Part 1)

12 Likes

‘Pro-life’ requires killing people:

19 Likes

It’s just women’s lives, not like it’s anyone important effected by these laws.

[/s, sooooo much /s. Evil bastards.]

16 Likes
20 Likes

JFC, she comes to them saying she’s been raped, but there’s “not enough evidence to proceed,” so the guy will go about his business, but somehow this meets the criteria for enough evidence???

the accused student had told the college that Louk had sex with her ex-boyfriend that semester, and the ex-boyfriend had confirmed it. Louk said it was untrue, but administrators told her she would be disciplined for breaking school rules.

Inside Out Reaction GIF by Disney Pixar

17 Likes

19 Likes
16 Likes

One thing I like about this place is that it’s a rare day indeed when a front-page post is misogynistic. Sadly, today is one of those rare days.

I say that because 1) LVT does not deserve a Happy Birthday shoutout, let alone such an unreserved one, and 2) because the post doesn’t even mention the many, many complaints and charges against both LVT and his childlishly, cynically provocative movies. Apparently that should instead all be waved away as part of what makes his movies so, so “interesting.” Fuck that shit.

20 Likes

13 Likes

Leaked document

Fuck, fuck, fuck

19 Likes

We knew it was coming. But still, burn everything down.

OMG

14 Likes

The floodgates of terrible legislation for all humans in the US is about to open. No more penis pills for un-married men in some states, no gender re-assignment surgery for anyone in some states, no birth control pills for endometriosis in other states, return of orphanages, return of back-alley butchers, and on and on…

How long before these regressive fascists come for property and voting rights of women?

18 Likes

As one Civil Rights lawyer explained, “The draft sets out a vision of substantive due process as inflexible — a right exists only if it’s been recognized for generations. No room for constitutional change to match a more tolerant and enlightened society. A recipe for no Roe OR Griswold OR Obergefell .”

Griswold was the 1965 ruling that declared the Constitution protects the liberty of married couples to buy and use contraceptives without the government probing their decisions or lives.

Obergefell is the ruling that ultimately legalized same-sex marriage.

16 Likes
23 Likes

Along those lines, let us not forget that Ohio, among others, tried to and and now likely will outlaw treatment of ectopic pregnancies. This is a not-uncommon complication in pregnancy which has a very high likelihood of maternal death if left untreated. And no, “reimplantation” is not a thing. Anywhere, ever.

21 Likes
4 Likes
19 Likes

So on top of everything else, they’re sentencing women who can’t afford to cross state lines to almost certain death.
Sad Talk To Me GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants
I like to hope this burst of fascism is the last sputter of a guttering candle as it burns out, and that all our organizing and advocating will win, but even in that best-case scenario, real people are being hurt right now. Stupid timeline.

16 Likes
19 Likes
14 Likes