A thread of our own- misogyny (Part 1)

Went to another dealership and bought the one she wanted, then came back and called out the asshole to show what he could have sold and chose to be a misogynistic asshat instead.

19 Likes

That’s what I’m talkin’ about; your wife is my kinda gal.

17 Likes

Such a good teacher.
And I am grateful to her for taking the time and effort into schooling the

crowd, wherever they are found.

It’s going to take pushback from all of us to get societies to move forward.

Going backwards
 which seems to be on deck here in the U.S. 
 isn’t just wrong. It’s also really really stupid.

and some of my faves:

who wrote:

17 Likes
15 Likes
13 Likes

My mom had something similar happen in the 70s after she finished med school. Went to buy a Dodge but got the cold shoulder, came back in the Porsche 914 she bought instead to let the prick know he’d fucked up. Wish she could have recorded the salescreep’s reaction.

19 Likes

In weird internet serendipity, I saw this article this evening, making the same points you did

I decided to watch the entire Baymax episode. It was effing adorable :heart_eyes:
So thanks to the transphobic-woman-hating-dingle-poop, I discovered something cute that brought me joy. Which makes me even happier. The episodes are short and the period one the cutest, but I’ve watched 3 already and will watch another before bed.

ETA: and thanks to my friend Nightflyer!

15 Likes

Chelsea Handler, killin’ it on Melania, Ginni Thomas and Lauren Boebert.

12 Likes

The history behind the report and what’s been done to improve safety were real eye-openers:

15 Likes
13 Likes
14 Likes

Wow, so much of this article reminded me of a film I recently watched on Kanopy:

Although the time period was a few hundred years later, the oppression of women interested in education seemed worse. The real life of Juana Inés de la Cruz and her clashes with members of her family, political figures, and religious leaders also underscores how difficult it was for the accomplishments of women to be acknowledged or celebrated. That any evidence survived the efforts of folks dedicated to control, intolerance, and ignorance seems like a miracle.

13 Likes
18 Likes
14 Likes
14 Likes

:rage::rage::rage:

“DHS’s Federal Protective Service (FPS) coordinates with law enforcement partners across the country to protect federal facilities, and those who work in and visit those buildings, from violence,” DHS wrote in a statement

So I’m sure everyone who’s sent AOC death and rape threats via Twitter has been woken up by four cops knocking on their doors with a letter from DHS, right? Right?!?

17 Likes
9 Likes
15 Likes

So help me, if I see a politician in the U.S. propose this buillshit, I’ve got a special can of whoop-ass ready, because we’re already paying for that:
https://www.unmarried.org/featured/taxing-singles-more-than-couples-it-is-hard-to-find-a-country-with-a-bigger-disparity-than-the-u-s/

17 Likes

Wasn’t there a question about peak WTAF? Apparently we are still climbing.

18 Likes