A thread of our own- misogyny (Part 1)

Me, too. I’ve never encountered a problem. But I also don’t demand an homage when I do it, like the guy in the linked story apparently did :roll_eyes:

16 Likes

Same here; if I get to the door first, then I hold it out of mere courtesy in general.

An older woman complimented me the other day in the grocery store for using my manners and actually being considerate as I shopped; I thanked her and with a wink said, “My mama raised me right!”

It’s a simple matter of what they used to call ‘home training.’

People who are ‘nice or polite’ because they expect praise/rewards for it are doing it wrong.

18 Likes

This Up Here GIF by Chord Overstreet

14 Likes

A little palate cleanser:

Our gender roles are not static.

17 Likes
12 Likes

But but, how is a real woman supposed to feel when just any man can up and decide he’s actually a woman? And then, and THEN, threaten her by using the same restroom?! :sob:

/bitter s

6 Likes
12 Likes

“They were making the best decision they had based on the information at the time,” San Diego Police Homicide Lieutenant Steven Shebloski told NBC 7. “And, at the end of the day and the following day, did a tragedy happen? Absolutely, but I don’t think that’s because of the officers’ response.”

Bullshit.

We once lived on the top floor of an apartment. My husband banged on our counter (I can’t remember what he was doing) and about five minutes later two cops knocked on our door. They were told by the downstairs neighbor that my husband was hitting me.

He was perplexed, but the police made it crystal clear to my husband that they needed to speak with me (I was in the shower or I just emerged from the shower, I think).

We realized later that our neighbor kept hearing our very “healthy” cat jumping off the counter and she assumed I was getting beaten up. I guess 17 pounds falling on the floor sounds like 135 pounds?

18 Likes

I can’t imagine living someplace where when the police are called about a potential domestic violence situation, they actually show up.

13 Likes

Bullshit was my first thought, too.
If, “best decision based on the information at the time,” was the baseline for judging police actions, we would be in a completely different situation overall regarding police accountability and legal repercussions :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

12 Likes

That’s super sad. :slightly_frowning_face: Our local police don’t do a lot, but they do seem to respond if words like scream, fighting, or weapon are used.

13 Likes

It’s well known round my way that if one wants the police to actually show up, one should include the phrase “I think I saw a gun” when calling 911.

SMFH

14 Likes

Um…how to say…“shots fired” may not get a response here unless multiple calls come in to 911.

Weirdly, illegal parties at the senior center will get 4 police entities to show up, and the same “shots fired” call in the township will result in 11-15 Sheriff’s deputy cruisers flying by our house in excess of 60 MPH. The posted speed is 25 and there’s a park with a public pool, little league fields and nice playground across the street. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

13 Likes

Moi8Rpr

:roll_eyes:

13 Likes

Isn’t that the actress from Knives Out?

I don’t remember what else I heard about her recently that was negative, but I know it’s not making her seem very ‘endearing’ at all, from my perspective.

She sounds like a fucking parrot…

8 Likes

I guess? I just know that she’s starring in that NC-17 rated Marilyn film, which I think is a horrible idea.

Yeah, she’s coming off as a “cool girl” “I’m not a man-hating feminist” type…

17 Likes

Word.

12 Likes

They keep showing us who they are.

12 Likes
17 Likes

Dulcé Sloan discusses what’s wrong with a lot of children’s books:

12 Likes