A thread of our own- misogyny (Part 1)

I adore her! She’s hella-funny!

“She follows her brother around like she’s the Grim Reaper and he’s Joe Biden”

Happy Big Brother GIF by MOODMAN

Of course, there are some good ones out there… Judy Blume, Beverly Cleary, Neil Gaiman, Terry Pratchett. I used to read Wolves in the Walls to my kid a lot when she was younger.

13 Likes

No kidding.

13 Likes

Yeah really: tell us something we didn’t already know.

12 Likes

Somewhere out there some comic books artist is thinking “Only? Time to get to work.”

7 Likes

She was also in the latest Bond film, where they (spoiler) finally killed him off.
A “flirt-interest”, I suppose you’d call her appearance.

ETA: She did at least kick ass in the fight scene!

3 Likes

I haven’t seen it, as I’m not a huge fan of Bond, but yeah. I don’t know if I’ve seen her in anything.

It’s still a shitty thing for her to say, I’d argue.

5 Likes

It was shitty, and I have just realised that I have dropped a spoiler, so please excuse me while I go back and blur that.

ETA for emphasis

5 Likes

No worries from me, but others might care! Thanks for doing that. :+1:

6 Likes

I was a bond fan back in my youth - the allure faded somewhat.
I think the Craig movies reinvigorated some of the original harsh realities without all the misogynism of the original books.
It was interesting, however, to read towards the end of the article, Pierce Brosnan’s view on future female James Bonds’, as in “why not?”.
He has gone a touch up in my estimation for that.
I always used to think him about the most boring of the bonds. (Sorry, Pierce)

5 Likes

That’s George Lazenby - or Woody Allen.

7 Likes

Good point

4 Likes
15 Likes

Yeah it is; beauty is only skin deep, sadly. Some people are so ugly inside, they need to eat the makeup instead of wearing it…

13 Likes
16 Likes

This is someone who will make sure none of those medical students will learn the necessary techniques to save a pregnant person in cases where abortion becomes necessary. Can’t do it if you never learned how.

16 Likes

I’m disappointed it wasn’t more walking out… But good on the ones that did.

15 Likes
12 Likes

AL Dept of Corrections puts more effort into policing women reporters’ clothing than not torturing the condemned man with hours of botched IV placement.

13 Likes

F them!

Veronica Mars Middle Finger GIF

I wonder if her finger is too long for the warden? :roll_eyes:

11 Likes
16 Likes