A thread of our own- misogyny (Part 1)

13 Likes

Why am I not surprised?

8 Likes

I hit a paywall when I went to read it, so in case anyone else does…

https://archive.ph/A9smA

11 Likes

Thanks! I keep forgetting which sites have paywalls in which markets…

5 Likes

It’s not always clear who does. I’ve never hit a paywall at the Daily Beast, so it was kind of weird.

8 Likes
9 Likes

The muted response to Griner’s detainment reveals the larger social dynamics at play: American society undervalues its women, its Black, Indigenous, and people of color (BIPOC), and it’s marginalized groups, including LGBTQ+. Even globally renowned female athletes of the highest caliber cannot escape the limitations we place on the worth of women. In reality, the sidelining of Griner’s story and the lack of initial interest mimics the way these groups are similarly sidelined in everyday life. The response exposes the society we have become: one with little tolerance for or interest in issues concerning women and other marginalized groups.

12 Likes

https://archive.ph/FT4tc

People familiar with the matter say his chairmanship became increasingly untenable after The Wall Street Journal reported on internal disputes where high-ranking officials within the America250 organization accused its leadership of featherbedding, misuse of federal funds and mismanagement.

Following the Journal’s reports, four female former executives filed a discrimination suit against the commission and two affiliated nonprofits. The organizations and their officers have denied any wrongdoing.

Last month, citing the Journal’s reports, Facebook

parent Meta Platforms Inc. canceled a $10 million sponsorship arrangement with the America250 organization.

11 Likes
13 Likes

He doesn’t look like he can back up those threats.

But I’d like to see him go to the Bears Weekend and try.

12 Likes

The numbers look like an overwhelming repudiation of Kansas Republicans attempt to change their constitution to remove abortion rights.

Excellent.

16 Likes

'Tis a beautiful sight.

My vote was just one in hundreds of thousands, but I am glad to have added a drop to the wave.

14 Likes

Let’s hope this wave rolls right through the midterms & completely demoralizes the Republicans.

You built that, assholes.

16 Likes

As a former Wichitan,

thomas middleditch jared dunn GIF by Silicon Valley

12 Likes

I’m grateful you took the time to vote!

11 Likes

I am grateful that I am allowed to vote by email. I don’t know what the rules are for other states, but it’s never been easier for Americans abroad to vote. I am also grateful to the county clerk’s office of Douglas County, Kansas for taking the time to confirm that my ballot had been received and was good to go.

12 Likes

15 Likes

How’s being a religious hate-monger working out for you Serena?

Yvonne Strahovski Book GIF by HULU

13 Likes

Normally, this would piss me off.

10 Likes

It still does, but this is the world she wants to live in. When they take her finger for reading, she has no one to blame but herself… and the patriarchy. It’s always the patriarchy.

11 Likes