A thread of our own- misogyny (Part 1)

It supports him. /s

12 Likes

I respectfully disagree.

Eli Lilly is a major employer in the state, especially of highly educated/skilled employees.

Better they use their clout to fight this, hard, because if they can’t get our legislators to reverse course, no other company or wealthy individual in the state would be able to.

14 Likes

Yes, true!

My kneejerk reaction was a momentary impulse.

8 Likes
8 Likes

Of course the amendment was scorned and voted down, but he’s not wrong:

13 Likes

Do you have ballot initiatives to change the state constitution in Indiana? In a Gerrymandered state, this is the only path for the will of the people to be heard.

7 Likes

Good question!

9 Likes

It’s how we un-Gerrymandered Michigan! And how we’re going to preserve abortion/family planning rights (fingers crossed this actually made the fall ballot, I signed the petition several monts ago).

11 Likes
16 Likes

This dumb muthafucka thinks pregnancies last an entire year?

15 Likes

To be fair, they can FEEL that way… :grimacing: I had a smooth pregnancy, with no complications, and those last couple of months felt like a year all to themselves…

He might just be trying to say that the Democrats are on board with infanticide, though, in a cleverly coded way… but then again, this is Tim Scott, so… :woman_shrugging:

14 Likes

Oh, I’m hip; I went 41 weeks, and felt every moment of it…

11 Likes

Well, he is right about Repubs never winning again if the Dems can get a voting rights bill through. Other than that,

10 Likes

I mean, it’s not impossible that they could. They would just have to change their party to actually be in line with what a majority of Americans actually want. You know, like happens in democracies.

13 Likes

Oh for fuck’s sake

15 Likes

what the wow GIF by Married At First Sight Australia

11 Likes

Armstrong-Homeniuk apologized for awarding the essay third place.

“I want to emphasize that I do not support rhetoric that in any way diminishes the importance and contributions of more than half of Alberta’s population,” Armstrong-Homeniuk said in a statement to VICE News. “It’s clear that the process failed, and I apologize for my role in that.”

So, rescinding the prize isn’t on the table?

9 Likes
14 Likes
9 Likes

Take a guess at the most prevalent reason…

14 Likes