A thread of our own- misogyny (Part 1)

“You’re too old…”

Hollywood is filled with delusional pervs, clearly.

My kid is always squicked out when a movie or tv show has a male lead who is 20+ years older than his love interest, because it happens constantly in media.

And hearing “we don’t want to hire Black people” is no surprise at all…

14 Likes

Yours too, huh? You get audible annoyance from my kiddo when they do that shit on a movie or show. She hates it.

13 Likes

Yeah, the younger generation of women knows what’s up…

11 Likes
21 Likes

I always hated that doctors started to insist on a date somewhere in the 1990s. Being a contrarian by nature, I’d tell them that I didn’t know the specific day but my cycle was regular. Who knew that I was ahead of the curve?

(About 10 years ago, I went to a new doctor and they asked why I didn’t use a period tracking app? I remember replying that a calendar works perfectly fine and I didn’t need an app that I’d use once a month.)

15 Likes

I’ve seen quite a few stories of women stepping up to support intimacy coaches, etc. in the wake of Sean Bean’s commitment to the position that being held accountable for how he treats another actor during an intimate scene would be a buzz kill for him.

14 Likes

Dude… you’re not there to be buzzed or have a boner; it’s your fucking job, and it pays better than what most people will ever make in a lifetime, so STFU and just do your damn job…

Sheesh.

16 Likes

14 Likes

3-month, 18-month, and 4T girls’ shorts almost identical in size and length. Not so with the same sizes/brand/type of shorts for boys:

12 Likes

It has never been a good time to be a mother:

16 Likes

Seriously

15 Likes

Watching my daughter and SIL agonize over whether and when to start a family is truly heartbreaking. And they have personal and family resources most just don’t. It’s a bad time to be human.

15 Likes

maker studios GIF by The STATION By MAKER

13 Likes

Angry Star Trek GIF

15 Likes
11 Likes
13 Likes

I wouldn’t call it ‘advice,’ per se; more so stating her own personal preference.

That said, I am not surprised that having such an utter dick as her brother definitely informed her preferences when it comes to dealing with men.

10 Likes

Let’s go backwards, you (Republicans) say?

Nuh uh!

19 Likes

Cracking Up Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

11 Likes

Some guys get it.

23 Likes