A thread of our own- misogyny (Part 1)

18 Likes
15 Likes
9 Likes

Ugh, Jesus. Yet another reason not to see what sounds like a totally shit movie.

13 Likes
19 Likes

Iā€™ve only seen one really positive review, and it was from a guy talking about how deep it was to see her suffering so much (essentially). Very NOT interested in this film.

This came out a while back and seemed much more interesting, as it doesnā€™t just assume she was a helpless waif whose only experiences were of being sexually used and abusedā€¦

11 Likes

The reviews here in Finland that Iā€™ve seen basically say it focuses on Marilyn Monroe as a suffering victim only, instead of an actual person.

6 Likes

I guess thatā€™s how some men prefer to imagine women, as suffering victims, so that they can feel self-righteous about swooping in and ā€œsavingā€ themā€¦ I guess having a full-fledged human being as their partner is too much for them.

Paley Center No GIF by The Paley Center for Media

13 Likes

Hey, you got your transphobia in my misogyny!

17 Likes

Theyā€™d rather that we run in slow motion in a bathing suit so they can watch our breasts jiggle up and down, just like Baywatch! :roll_eyes:

fred armisen lol GIF by IFC

13 Likes

ā€œwe live in Weimarā€

And we know how that ended. Why do I get the feeling he reads histories of that time one-handed?

9 Likes
15 Likes
21 Likes

Not all heroes wear capes:

15 Likes

The only gritch I have with this reporting is the description of ectopic pregnancy as ā€œrare,ā€ then going on to say it happens roughly 2% of the time. Anything that has an occurrence rate of 2% is not rare. Rare is when you probably have never heard of it and almost certainly do not know anyone who has had it. Most of us probably do know someone who had an ectopic, whose life was quite likely saved by an intervention that, in some states, is now largely off the table. This is not rare, and these misogynistic laws will cause unnecessary suffering and death. And the fetus dies too, so there is not even that argument. This is purely about controlling womenā€™s sexuality. Nothing more, nothing less.

18 Likes
17 Likes

Anthony Anderson Abc GIF by HULU

13 Likes

I am so fucking tired
https://jezebel.com/angelina-jolie-brad-pitt-kids-plane-abuse-amber-heard-1849623917

12 Likes

Thatā€™s fucking depressing.

11 Likes

FTA:

Despite being accused of ā€œstealingā€ Pittā€™s kids out of spite, based on Jolieā€™s allegations, itā€™s pretty clear why sheā€™s fighting for sole custody. In May 2021, a judge barred three of Jolie and Pittā€™s kids who were on the plane in 2016 from testifying in court for the coupleā€™s custody battleā€”a move Jolie argued was ā€œdetrimentalā€ because the judge was ā€œimproperly excluding her evidence relevant to the childrenā€™s health, safety, and welfare.ā€ About a month later, the same judge, who had awarded Pitt the joint custody he sought, was disqualified due to his undisclosed business relationships with Pittā€™s lawyers.

JFC.

ETA:
Time for a repostā€¦

14 Likes