A thread of our own- misogyny (Part 1)

Typical! I’m glad you were able to get her bumped up! Good on ya!

In other, unrelated, misogyny… here some people hatin’ on J-Law, who made a mistaken comment, which everyone got mad about, and a very true comment, which most people ignored…

https://archive.ph/ciuEK

15 Likes

YOU are part of the solution: thank you!

17 Likes

Life without parole

16 Likes
15 Likes

how to spot the behavior -

That usually doesn’t take long. :thinking:

and fix it.

Nope. There’s no “fixing” other people. They have to decide to change on their own. This is me after discovering one of these guys…

kerry washington running GIF by HULU

15 Likes

Yep. That’s how you fix it!

14 Likes

Obligs:

10 Likes

What in the actual fuck…

I wish the people who vote republican because they are “pro-life” would get it through their heads that it’s not and never was about ensure healthy pregnancies… it’s about controlling women. There is NO other reason to oppose this bill, other than to get pregnant women OUT of the work force and into the home. NONE… he’s just being a dick because he wants to push women into being broodmares…

18 Likes

I’m pretty sure that’s why they’re voting republican in the first place.

16 Likes

Faye Dunaway Yes GIF

15 Likes

Although I’d probably amend that and say they’re voting republican because they want control over everyone, not just women — but, mostly women.

16 Likes

Eh, I suspect it’s anyone not just like them. cis, het, wealthy, white males. Others need not apply. (And before anyone gets into “They are not all wealthy” I would remind you that they have convinced way too many people that they are not poor, but temporarily embarrassed rich folk, and they need to make sure that when they get rich, everyone serves them.)

16 Likes

Cis, het, wealthy, white males are supposed to be in charge so the control is much, much lighter. But even there I think you can trust they still despise ones who don’t do things the right way…who vote blue, or eat vegetarian, or care about the environment, or so on.

They’re not a priority like women and non-whites and LGBTQ people but fascists have almost everyone somewhere on their list. :frowning:

14 Likes
14 Likes

This is why I couldn’t be a judge…

One of those officials who pleaded guilty – the chaplain James Theodore Highhouse – received a seven-year sentence. Highhouse, however, is appealing, contending that the punishment was excessive because it was more than double what was recommended by federal sentencing guidelines.

…because I’d say if someone in that post isn’t happy with more than double, then I guess they want triple.

Be Quiet GIF by Judge Judy

14 Likes

Thats Good GIF

13 Likes

Archived, non-paywalled version:

https://archive.md/X9C5y

8 Likes

13 Likes
17 Likes

Those are some pretty detailed questions. This should lead to some interesting cocktail party conversations on Martha’s Vinyard.

10 Likes