A thread of our own- misogyny (Part 1)

Kick rocks dickhead; it was long overdue.

12 Likes

An great response from some community members.

11 Likes

Two interesting ones from Desi Lydic on TDS:

6 Likes

The RWNJ really are pushing to make us second class citizens

8 Likes

Damn, I have been so confused by this. I kept thinking of Trae Crowder, The Liberal Redneck, and wondering what the hell happened to him. Now it makes a lot more sense. Asshole, women-as-property, fascist jackass. Yup, that’s on par.

10 Likes

Some people shouldn’t get married.

9 Likes
8 Likes
8 Likes

Sad Pauly D GIF by A Double Shot At Love With DJ Pauly D and Vinny

9 Likes

Good for her; what a good sister and ally!

8 Likes

Wow. Just, wow. Amazing.

7 Likes

Desi Lydic on TDS reports on how the wellness industry affects women:

7 Likes
3 Likes

I think we need a new ABC agency. One that is just for investigating police misconduct. I’m not sure the FBI can be trusted with this

8 Likes

Only sort-of shocked. WV troopers tend to the “Respect mah authoriteh!” sort way too much. Still, damn that is disturbing as hell! Might even be enough to get the public stirred up. In WV, one does not fuck with someone’s family and expect to walk away.

10 Likes

The weight bias against women in the workforce is real — and it’s only getting worse

6 Likes

Maybe it’s me, but when this topic is raised it always seems to be paired with how women are affected by unrealistic body images online. What I’m not seeing in the studies is the percentage of this coming from men. With inequality in management comes a majority of men deciding who gets paid what, who gets promoted vs. passed over, and who gets fired. I’d like to see more about how to undo what led the boss to give that advice*. That would probably do more for women in the workplace.

*This seems to come up a lot in patriarchal GOP circles, where every woman is described/judged in terms of their attractiveness by mediocre males.

10 Likes

I mean she does make a good point about that guy

“Last night Hollywood and fashion said the quiet part out loud when a lot of famous feminists chose to celebrate at the highest level a man who was so publicly cruel to women, to fat people, to immigrants, and to sexual assault survivors,” Jamil wrote (via Entertainment Weekly). “And all the women’s publications, and spectators online, chose to gleefully ignore it.”

“Nobody has perfect morals, least of all me, but Jesus Christ, we had a year to course-correct here and not award the highest honor possible to a known bigot,” Jamil continued. “And everyone decided all of a sudden we can separate the art from the artist when convenient. Last night we relinquished our right to be taken at all seriously about anything important.”

“This isn’t about cancel culture,” the actor added in the comments. “It’s not even about Karl. It’s about showing how selective cancel culture is within liberal politics, in the most blatant way so far. It’s about showing why people don’t trust liberals. Because of slippery tactics and double standards like this. And it’s not just Hollywood here — the general public online participated and were entirely complicit in the erasure of the truth last night. They replaced their pitchforks with spoons last night, to lap that shit right up… If we carry on like this, don’t be shocked when we lose the next election.”

8 Likes

She lost me on the points about liberals and elections. The fashion industry runs on money - just like most in the US. There is always hypocrisy when it might affect revenue. This is why so many industries turn a blind eye to bias and abuse. This is demonstrated and enabled by the wealthy of all political leanings. Making this argument and claiming it might lead to the election of fascists…

Tv Land What GIF by YoungerTV

15 Likes

It’s just away to ignore the big capitalist elephant in the room - assume one industry is “liberal” and then you can blame that side…

12 Likes