A thread of our own- misogyny (Part 1)

I also did not get that, to the point I decided I would stop trying. Would love to get a definitive answer as well.

ETA: Everyone has clarified what my fuzzy brain sort-of understood but couldn’t quite put a finger on.

Yeah, protecting TERs effectively is a record scratch stop at that point.

7 Likes

11 Likes

Salon calling out the WaPo on this:

6 Likes

These stories just make me furious. Medicos should be more sensitive than the general populace to women’s needs, not less.

8 Likes
5 Likes

We’ve come so far! Nowadays, they bother to pretend to have women on the panels. Why, back in my day…(something, something, banging my head on the table).

8 Likes

Experts to Examine a Controversial Forensic Test That Has Helped Convict Women of Murder

Responding to a ProPublica investigation into the “lung float test,” which some have likened to a witch trial, lawyers and medical professionals will work to determine whether the test should be used in court.

2 Likes
2 Likes

from

11 Likes

“Increased rates of suicide and homicide, and a lack of access to health care services like safe abortion, have the combined effect of reversing the health and safety gains women of previous generations experienced, especially women of color," said Elliott.

Angry Fuck Me GIF

4 Likes

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/11/29/health/pick-me-girls-wellness/index.html

4 Likes
8 Likes

Worldwide issue, needs worldwide solutions.

4 Likes

SSDD:

1 Like
6 Likes

Well, she did urge her fans (mostly young women) to register and vote. That is clearly a Democratic message, you know.

8 Likes

Taylor Swift also has a feud with Trump supporter and former presidential candidate Kanye “Ye” West. If that doesn’t count as a musician inappropriately entering the political field, what does?

6 Likes

Also dating Travis Kelce, a known vaccine promoter!

6 Likes

The child psychiatrist Svenny Kopp noticed early on in her research that the interests of autistic girls differed from those of boys. “No girl was interested in explosives or airplanes,” she said. “But they had other interests. Often, there was a social connection. It could be animals or famous people. A great many of them painted and made things. There was a lot of arts and crafts.”

Which was one reason girls weren’t diagnosed with autism as often as boys—they were thought to lack special interests. Rather, for a long time, psychologists didn’t consider girls’ special interests to be “real,” which contributed to their inability to diagnose their autism. “If a girl collected My Little Ponies and had 75 of them, this wasn’t seen as a special interest,” said Dr. Kopp. “The male doctors didn’t ask about My Little Pony. They were looking for special interests they could identify with.”

Dr. Kopp believes girls have not been valued as highly as boys. “It’s been a taboo to recognize that [boys and girls] are different, that we have different interests and don’t quite function the same way,” she explains.

7 Likes

Britney Spears What GIF

4 Likes