A thread of our own- misogyny (Part 1)

Wow, really? What lead to this epiphany?

Sigh.

(This could explain my daughter’s 300 “Littlest Petshop” critters, and why her house is decorated as a permanent Hallowe’en)

7 Likes

That would be fantastic.

8 Likes

:thinking: Is Texas one of those states that also criminalized providing transportation to pregnant women seeking abortions? Asking for a friend who is sick and tired of the GOP claiming President Biden is committing crimes so they can waste time and money on investigations. :weary:

9 Likes

I know that a bunch of counties and municipalities have passed those. Not sure about the state.

Either way - federal law applies to federal facilities. Which Airforce 1 certainly is.

5 Likes

Gonna cross-post this here from the thoughtful thread…

9 Likes

Fuck.

1 Like

Sometimes it seems the GOP in each state is involved in a kind of race to be the worst in creating abortion bans…

2 Likes

Is this real or just really good satire?

2 Likes

I sincerely hope it is not real. That is creepy AF and, if real, sounds like someone with a very transactional idea of even casual relationships. As we’ve seen from the PUA and incel men, that kind of attitude leads to violence

7 Likes

Just FYI, I know I posted this in another thread, but since this mentions Sneako, FD Signifier had a good video on him recently…

2 Likes

When she was 15.

“ Four other women — all of whom say they were minors at the time – detailed alleged similar experiences with Bingenheimer to Rolling Stone. One of the women alleges he molested her when she was a pre-teen. The allegations come nearly eight months after a sixth woman —Runaways songwriter Kari Krome — sued Bingenheimer for sexual assault when she was a minor in the 1970s. (Krome also sued the estate of producer Kim Fowley for sexual assault in her suit. Fowley died in 2015.)”

2 Likes

Texas woman leaves state to have abortion after Texas Supreme Court paused ruling that would have allowed it, her lawyers say

3 Likes
1 Like

Does not EVEN surprise me, unfortunately.

4 Likes

Alicia Silverstone Cherilyn Horowitz GIF by filmeditor

2 Likes

This kind of thing is sadly all too common in the Japanese armed forces.

3 Likes

Referring to the kissing booth and stolen swimsuit pictures episodes along with general predatory behavior

“I think it belongs to Zack Morris,” Gosselaar said when asked if Sir is his darkest character. “If you ever watch ‘Zack Morris Is Trash’ on YouTube by Dashiell Driscoll … He wrote ‘Zack Morris Is Trash,’ and he’s not wrong about a lot of the things. Zack Morris: master manipulator, some nefarious activities. I think I was bred to play roles like Sir just because I started my career playing one of the most nefarious characters on television. Of course, that’s tongue in cheek, but you know, the way that Dashiell exposes Zack for all his bad behavior. He’s not wrong.”

“He really was,” Gosselaar added about Zack Morris being a villain. “And again, you can look at it… I don’t think you can look at Sir and say, ‘Oh, from a different angle, Sir is a good human being.’ He’s really not. He really is a disgusting, grotesque … a really despicable character.”

4 Likes

It’s an issue in law enforcement as well as the military. Since assault and harassment cause so many victims to quit, it makes me wonder if this goal will be achieved:

Hopefully, we’ll see more improvement in how cases are handled after they are reported due to actions like these:

Biden signs an order designed to strengthen protections for sexual assault victims in the military | AP News

7 Likes

7 Likes