A thread of our own- misogyny (Part 1)

1 Like

“I’ll take ‘What happens if you think Fifty Shades of Grey is a manual’ for $400, please.”

2 Likes

What a beautiful ragdoll kitty

6 Likes

Kitteh really is a looker! Great article, too.

8 Likes

Here’s the cover. At first I was thrown off by the article photo.
Thanks for sharing, it is a great article.

12 Likes

The top photo was odd. I suppose they didn’t have permission to use the Time cover- could only include as a link to Taylor’s tweet.
I freely admit the cat angle hooked me :heart_eyes_cat: and I’d been told by men unhappy I wouldn’t date them that I’d be a lonely old cat lady someday. It always made me laugh in their faces
This is one of my fav shirts:

9 Likes

The European Court of Human Rights now ruled Polish woman forced to travel abroad to have an abortion breached the Convention

6 Likes

The Taliban sends women to prison if they have no male relatives to stay with or if the male relatives are considered unsafe, the report said.

weep bbc GIF

2 Likes

We can stop all crime by locking up the victims. :rage:

3 Likes

They couldn’t possibly lock up the violent men, that would signal that men are somehow responsible for the actions they take rather than placing blame where it belongs - on women and girls. /S

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

5 Likes

Yeah, I’m pretty sure the /s is unnecessary, since that pretty much sums up the theory. Men cannot be held responsible for their actions in the presence of an unprotected woman. Any red-blooded man would assault her! It’s just crazy to expect him to restrain himself! I only wish I were kidding.

5 Likes

Of course, then this comes up on my feed

Fuckin’ a, can women not just lead their lives? Seriously?

1 Like

That headline makes it sound like the Polish woman breached the Convention. I was confused at first. It should say “The European Court of Human Rights rules Poland breached the Convention by forcing woman to travel abroad to have an abortion.”

7 Likes
1 Like

I can be more like a cat, but nobody likes me when I sleep all day and only give attention when I’m hungry… let’s not talk about licking or toiletry.

4 Likes
2 Likes

OK, not obviously misogynistic, “just” racist. But I instantly thought, if this is written as poorly (read “intentionally ambiguous”) as stated, I have to wonder if “illegally crossing the border” could wind up being applied to women crossing the border for healthcare reasons. I have not read the law, and IANAL, just increasingly paranoid about anything the fascists push through. Any legal types have any reassuring words? Please?

4 Likes

How do states have jurisdiction here at all?

1 Like

Exactly. I just don’t trust them (gee, wonder why?) to abide by any laws that they don’t want to abide by. Especially if it can hurt people they don’t like.

6 Likes