A thread of our own- misogyny (Part 1)

Not OK, rapist.

13 Likes

Who does he think is still listening to him?

10 Likes

More of same, nothing to see here…

8 Likes

Maybe he misunderstands the concept of a “captive audience.”

7 Likes
19 Likes

I have daughters. I cannot imagine siding with my daughter’s abuser over her. I could only hope they would visit me at the state pen.

13 Likes

I mean, fuck it. Let’s just base laws on science fiction now.

13 Likes
9 Likes

Holy shit. This is not currently a law, but given the makeup of that legislature and the fact-proof mentality of the right wingers, it could be. Watch for ob-gyns to flee the state en mass. It would be a literally no-win situation. Refusing to to treat a woman with an ectopic pregnancy is something some religious hospitals already do, but by referring out. A statewide law? Other than those practicing on the border, that gets really dicey. Malpractice if you don’t treat, murder if you do. “A strange game. The only way to win, is not to play.” Being a woman in Ohio could well become a life-threatening condition.

11 Likes

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/half-of-women-diagnosed-with-hiv-in-europe-are-already-progressing-towards-aids-111928478.html

Half of women diagnosed with HIV in Europe are already progressing towards AIDS#

6 Likes

Without context, I may be reading him wrong, but the quote from the doc in here is perilously close to victim blaming, citing women being “sexually liberated” and a “high divorce rate leading to increased number of partners” as reasons for this. I have to suspect there is more to it, but i am not familiar with the various European healthcare systems. Input from those who are?

8 Likes

I don’t have that knowledge- but it seemed to me that being diagnosed so late by the system had a negative effect on women’s health.

9 Likes

I don’t even know what to think about a “period badge.” It seems well-intentioned, but it’s also not information that some women would want to share with the public at large.

I worked in retail, which tends to have lots of women on staff, and we were friendly enough that we’d complain about cramps and nausea with each other. If I had to excuse myself for frequent restroom trips with a male coworker, I’d just say, “my stomach’s giving me grief today, sorry.” I think some of them understood what I meant, but that was all that needed to be said, and it was fine. I would NOT want to announce my cycle to the customers! It’s too personal and could incite inappropriate comments.

13 Likes
12 Likes

One of my miscarriages was after I was well into prenatal care. I miscarried into the toilet. We couldn’t figure out which clump of cells might be THE clump, so we didn’t bother scooping it out to show the doctors. And that was months after I knew I was pregnant. Most miscarriages happen earlier.

Women need to bring in the waste product of EVERY period, and overwhelm the state officials with the ‘evidence’. It would be the only way to ensure that those poor little fertilized eggs get their proper burial.

FFS.

17 Likes

I agree; have women start inundating the state officials with the remains of their shed uterine linings and watch how fast the menfolk decide to change the law.

13 Likes

Only one downside I see to this. Targeted prosecutions. You turned over your used menstrual products and suddenly you are arrested because “something” was detected that could have prevented implantation. Having an IUD would be illegal under this kind of law.

And poor people will suffer most, because they can’t afford to do this. This is how Gilead ramps up.

7 Likes

No luv; I’m not talking neatly packaged separate submissions from individuals.

I’m talking big ol’ leaky garbage bags of collected feminine waste from many different women being dumped into their possession.

All the mixed-up contaminated DNA won’t actually help them…

11 Likes

you%20think

11 Likes

Or drop by drone delivery over the next time they’re at a podium.

12 Likes