A thread of our own- misogyny (Part 1)

Yeah, apparently you’re not the only one who feels that way!

6 Likes
10 Likes

They detained the VICTIMS of assault and battery. Yup, sounds about par for the course.

12 Likes

Thread:

13 Likes

Ugh… glad I read that. Not gonna see that now.

10 Likes

That sounds like the shittiest revenge plot ever; hard pass.

11 Likes

Putting this here instead of starting a new topic.

6 Likes

Welp, that sounds like an astonishingly shitty movie.

2 Likes

Excellent, thank you. A clear sighted view of what should be obvious.

In his book A Different Mirror, historian Ronald Takaki has a great chapter on how the paradigm for American racism was first established by British treatment of the Irish. Oh, what a sad, bitter irony.

6 Likes

Thanks, @dorgar!

I think she wrote at least one book, which I keep meaning to seek out. Strikes me that there is probably a history waiting to be written on the connections between radical groups in the wake of the American civil rights movement globally. A friend did her dissertation on the impact of civil rights on Afro-French and former French African colonies…

4 Likes

“Unladylike…”

Here she is on Firing Line with WFB:

Sorry… back on topic!

6 Likes
10 Likes
11 Likes

That… is a much better outcome than I expected. And he has more charges from other states still pending, yeah?

8 Likes

The men’s team sucks, so they have more responsibility than the women’s team… :roll_eyes:

15 Likes

Yes, more charges in California.

6 Likes

He’ll keep busy.

6 Likes
14 Likes

15 Likes

Putting this here, because it shows how easily someone who had bad intentions could track you down. (Emily does not have bad intentions, but the techniques are the same).

11 Likes