A thread of our own- misogyny (Part 1)

Didn’t we banish him to Rapist Island already? Who gives a fuck what he has to say?

9 Likes

He’s a man… he gets rehabilitated, because what he did for society was far more valuable than the women he hurt… I mean, he was famous, so he must be special, right? /s

13 Likes

The only rehabilitation he needs is somewhere where the doors lock from the outside.

I mean, somewhere else where the doors lock from the outside.

It’s more than fair.

4 Likes

That’s not the world we live in, tho.

4 Likes

No surprise, unfortunately.

12 Likes

Why won’t the mayor of a Dallas suburb let women lead the (required) public prayer that opens city council meetings? Because governmental meetings are a religious event:

“I believe a lady can be president of the United States,” he began. “I believe a lady can be CEO of a company, the superintendent of a school district. But I believe, and this is me, when it comes to (picking) somebody to lead the invocation at a city council meeting, because of those two sets of verses, I’m going to choose a male.”

Hogue added to KXAS, “In a religious setting, the bible teaches that she’s not to say a public prayer or to lead the singing or to deliver the sermon.”

15 Likes

Someone is ignorant. It’s been a long time since high school religion classes, but I distinctly recall the priest who taught “Beginnings of Christianity” telling us how in the earlier days of the church, those who suffered but did not die for their faith could lead services. According to him, and he stressed this more than once, those people could be male or female. So yes, there is justification for women leading public prayers, which makes this idiot a misogynistic fool.

(I always suspected the good Father was a bit of a radical, based on some of his interpretations of facts.)

16 Likes
10 Likes

There should be no government required prayer - and certainly none that must conform to a particular sects views.

The Mayor should read the Bible in any case.

Matthew 6:5-6 ESV /

“And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others…
But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret.“

15 Likes

You don’t understand, in their worldview, the Pharisees were the good guys in the story. After all, they were just like us. For all the “Jesus saves” that they spew it is clear they would oppose just about every utterance of his and side with the mainstream religiosity of the day. The fact that Jesus associated with common people, sinners, tax collectors and women was a large part of what drove them to hunt him down. Reminds me a lot of modern times actually.

18 Likes

Why do they hate America?

“The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others,” Jefferson wrote in “Notes on the State of Virginia,” his only book. “But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.”

“ Campaigning for religious freedom in Virginia, Jefferson followed Locke, his idol, in demanding recognition of the religious rights of the “Mahamdan,” the Jew and the “pagan.”

“If they are good workmen, they may be of Asia, Africa, or Europe. They may be Mahometans [Mohammedans/Muslims], Jews, or Christians of any Sect, or they may be Atheists.”

• George Washington

Of course - Treaties signed by the US are the law of the land.
The Treaty of Tripoli was ratified by the US June 10, 1797; under President Adams - a Founder who oversaw Jefferson’s drafting of the Declaration of Independence.

“Art. 11. As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion“

13 Likes

https://amp.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/may/22/patients-frantic-over-mysterious-global-shortage-of-hrt-medications-and-contraceptive-pills?__twitter_impression=true

10 Likes

Thread:

7 Likes
12 Likes

And now from the “Women, you just can’t trust them” front:

WTF is this shit? Why would you have to endanger yourself to get a fucking pill?

13 Likes

Cross posted to that LG thread.

21 Likes
23 Likes

Jesus Christ. :open_mouth:

11 Likes

Surprised it took that long.

Seriously, that’s the only part of the story that surprises me.

13 Likes

tenor

JK, not the least bit surprised at this… Assholes.

Well, they were clearly trying to be respectful, so figured a couple of days would be good… :roll_eyes:

12 Likes