A thread of our own- misogyny (Part 1)

Sounds like it’s going to taste like potpourri
Yuck.

7 Likes

I’m not all that fond of the way vodka tastes. I like fruity drinks. So the idea of honey and lemon added sounds good. But the ultra-feminine appeal falls flat with me, just as pink or flowery-patterned tools do. It’s condescending and stereotyping, and I don’t like that. A simpler, more elegant and less gender-coded approach might’ve encouraged me to look out for this in the stores. As it is, I think I’ll pass.

But I agree-- the marketing aimed at men gets just as ridiculous as what’s aimed at women.

12 Likes

As a corollary reaction I kind of wish that those of us who do like flowery things or cute shit weren’t sacked with the rest of the baggage that goes along with it. Gendered marketing just needs to die unloved in a hole it dug with its raw fingertips already.

19 Likes

I don’t have a problem with pink, or flowers, or people who like pink and/or flowers. Sometimes I do want pink and flowery, sometimes I don’t. It’s the idea that “tHiNgS fOr WoMeN •••mUsT••• bE pInK aNd/Or FlOwErY!!!1!” that I don’t like. As an option, it’s fine, but I don’t like it as a default, or an assumption.

15 Likes

I’m always amused when guys dislike women enjoying flowery things - one guy friend called it “MFS - more flowery shit”. To which I responded - you do realize that it’s women enjoying displaying representations of genitalia? And you have a problem with it?

16 Likes

That’s the thing isn’t it… we’re constantly being told that “this is how women are” and then we’re told that we’re wrong if we like those things… girls being into “boys” stuff is often encouraged and celebrated, while boys being into “girls” stuff is often condemned.

:thinking: :rofl:

15 Likes

Yep this is exactly it! There really should be no deeper connection than that.

13 Likes

Cross posting at Trump Gallery

10 Likes

For Republicans, misogyny is the only truly bipartisan issue.

20 Likes

I so, SO hope someone videoed that shit.

14 Likes

As we’re both in Michigan, Short’s Soft Parade. “Shandy”, but 7-ish percent; fruity, but not overdone. Only negative is the can is mostly pink, but so are the juices of the fruits in this beer?

8 Likes

Tactical. It always has to look like military gear, even if the actual military wouldn’t consider using it.

11 Likes

That is so pretty! And since I like cider-type drinks, I’ll probably enjoy it. Thanks for the recommend, I’ll keep my eye out for it!

(I don’t always hate pink. With all the berry flavors, the color makes sense here. :rofl: )

10 Likes

Much like the guys who like tacticool stuff.

9 Likes
22 Likes

Edh0sHKWoAIOYT4.jpeg

Happy Feast of Mary Magdalene, everyone!

18 Likes

Asshole Yoho messed with the wrong melon farmer.

20 Likes

Did you know AOC plays League of Legends? When I heard that I thought “no wonder she can control her temper around those misogynist assholes and has a thick skin! She’s been practicing.”
AOC needs some more experience but I’d love to see her as president some day.

12 Likes

I don’t even know what that is. :grimacing:

12 Likes

Online video gaming platforms are known for being rife with hate for women and POC; she cut her teeth battling the worst sort of trolls & flamers.

16 Likes