A thread of our own- misogyny (Part 1)

$12/hr is not a living wage anywhere in any moderately urbanized area in the US.

8 Likes

True, though it does give the tiniest bit of schadenfreude to know that the rapist makes less money…

9 Likes

Trigger warning…

And…

18 Likes

As if Limbaugh himself was any beauty contest winner, the hypocritical fuck.

16 Likes

Fuuuuuck, that hurts… :sob:

12 Likes

Coleman was just 14 when she attended a party where she was allegedly raped while heavily intoxicated by 17-year-old Matthew Barnett, the grandson of former Republican state representative Rex Barnett, as one of his friends reportedly filmed the attacks on Coleman and a friend.

Yeah, allegedly. It’s a real he said she said. It’s not like anyone got it on film or anything. Oh, wait :confused:

Hey, where are all the stans for political dynasties in this thread? This is exactly what you wanted, so come here and fucking celebrate it. I dare you.

8 Likes
6 Likes

The fact that this rapist is the grandson of an elected official is irrelevant. It has nothing to do with his actions, although it’s implied that that relationship led to the horrific actions against the victim. Perhaps the rapist felt “my grandfather’s position will cover my misdeeds”. Also, there is no indication that the rapist was also an elected official, which is necessary for a dynastic accusation to hold up.

2 Likes

It isn’t though. The rapist’s family had power, which shielded him from consequences, and which made life even more difficult for his victim, who had no power to speak of even not compared to him and his family.

I have some thoughts on that, but they’re not politically correct and are extremely pessimistic. I would rather think that his actions were enabled and even encouraged by his adjacency to power, rather than something he would have done anyway. Otherwise, there is very little hope for humanity and were all just animals rutting in the mud :confused:

No perhaps about it.

Fair enough. The rapist was a teenager, so he didn’t even have the opportunity to hold elected office. But whatever words you want to use, he got off easy because of his politically powerful family.

9 Likes

That gave me a flashback to the Vanderbilt case, which had a much different outcome. The perpetrators (most of whom were convicted and sentenced to long jail terms) collected so much video and photo evidence that prosecutors were able to create a timeline, confirm who was involved, and determine what they did. The victim in that case was drugged and didn’t remember what happened.

She only found out what her ex-boyfriend had done because surveillance video showed him carrying her into a dorm room. Until she saw the video evidence of the crime, she’d been defending him because he’d been asking her to help him avoid being kicked off the football team.

13 Likes
14 Likes

There are a columnists and TV hosts like Dowd everywhere. They make careers out of stabbing other women in the back, only to get very upset if they are not supported by women if something happens to them.

11 Likes
12 Likes
13 Likes

“Rojas was charged in January with having sexual contact with human remains without authority.”

WTF does this mean? Is there “authority” to do this kinda stuff? Yuck!!

13 Likes

Only thing I can think of is posthumous sperm retrieval. But even that is medical, not sexual.

Ok. I had to go find out. The “authority by law” part is in there because the statute includes “sexual penetration,” defined as any penetration of anus or gentials. I can see a mortician or medical examiner needing to penetrate the anus or genitals of a body for legitimate and non-sexual reasons authorized by law.
“Every person who willfully mutilates, disinters, removes from the place of interment, or commits an act of sexual penetration on, or has sexual contact with, any remains known to be human, without authority of law, is guilty of a felony.”
California Code, Health and Safety Code - HSC § 7052

4 Likes
8 Likes
12 Likes

Ah fuck. I liked this band.

Fortunately there’s no shortage of other bands to listen to.

4 Likes