A thread of our own- misogyny

Meanwhile…
10542720_774758292575809_5921271336211484957_o-e1406575904394

BTW, I 100% agree that the standards unfairly take into consideration the wide variety of body types out there.

(21 years army)

15 Likes

This jackass is getting what’s coming to him, finally… maybe…

18 Likes

I am sick and tired of corporations that insist on having their logos all over buildings, products, and people’s uniforms, but when anything illegal or unethical happens they deny any responsibility. This has been raised before in past cases of sexual assault at fast food franchises, and it seems like the only thing that will get them to change policies is an inability to find anyone willing to work there:

18 Likes

TIL - apparently homicide is the leading cause of mortality during pregnancy in the U.S.

FFFFFUuuuuuuuuu…
https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-03392-8

and here is the commentary that tipped me off to the above:

9 Likes

Marilyn who?
Manson

9 Likes

I feel like this fits over here too:

Toxic masculinity rearing it’s ugly head.

10 Likes

Pregnancy has several possible outcomes. Murdered has always been one. Men have been socialized to marginalize women on this planet for a few thousand years. Toxic masculinity is part of that socialization. If the genetic father is predisposed to jealousy, accusations that he isn’t the father (brought by him) can’t be completely neutralized by the expectant mother, she is at risk of being murdered. The US makes the situation worse by rarely prosecuting “domestic violence” perpetrated by a man on a woman, while overzealously prosecuting woman on man “domestic violence”.

Welcome to America - it’s worse than you ever expected.

17 Likes

Reminds me of the plot of this movie, but with no redeeming value whatsoever…

Damn, I miss River Phoenix.

13 Likes
15 Likes

While the term is new to me, I graduated undergrad in '86, and this was a frat thing back then. And was just as horrifying as it is now. The only parts that shocks me is that I am really not shocked that it continues. Yeah, we suck. Damn, what the fuck is wrong with us??

17 Likes

For me, growing up in Kansas, I’d say it was a lack of even one single proper male role model (among the live people in my community).

13 Likes

23 Likes

Details might be triggering if you’ve experienced this kind of harassment…

buffy the vampire slayer television GIF

16 Likes

If he’s serious and ready to follow through, then that’s what I call an ally.

10 Likes

20 Likes

[…]
It turns out that when female wizard characters take damage from magic, they make an “ahegao” facial expression.
[…]
This is what happens when women wizards are hit by magic. They orgasm, apparently, because I guess the pain feels good. Strangely, this only affects female characters. Males retain their stoicism even when taking damage.
[…]

8 Likes

Dafuq did I even read

6 Likes

25 Likes

It’s nice to see it:

18 Likes

All the fucking categories. Billionaire - Lives in Whitefish, techbro, hedge funder. Alleged to have assaulted many, many women. Alleged to have ordered security to kill people. Owns an international private security firm. Could not get security clearance with the gov because of abuse allegations. Is that billionaires thread still up?

Maybe a civil action isn’t the only way to go. But given he’s alleged to have bought off the local cops & government- maybe the Feds should be involved.

20 Likes