A thread of our own- misogyny

Probably not the message they think they’re sending…

8 Likes

bi’te me shell

15 Likes

This is a nice little example of why diversity is important for companies (in addition to being the right thing to do in any case): if they had enough people who weren’t straight white men making decisions, there would be more candid discussion about the wisdom of going public with something like this.

12 Likes

Cross post-able

“ Female high school hockey player taunted with “gender reveal” sign, called a “dude” by opposing team”

11 Likes

The maker of that sign was definitely secure in their sexuality and gender identity /s

10 Likes

Related to that, Stephen King continues his recent theme of hyper-privileged douchery:

10 Likes

10 posts were merged into an existing topic: On Stephen King, privilege, and douchery

7 Likes

An interview with the author of “Gone Girl”:

11 Likes
10 Likes

On the one hand, it’s great that an incident of human trafficking was thwarted before it happened. On the other, I have to wonder if the mom in question had been a woman of color, would the outcome have been the same?

And yeah, it SUCKS to even have to think like that, but such is the reality we live in.

6 Likes

ETA:

19 Likes

On top of all the ways this is wrong, there is a fundamental belief that skinny chefs aren’t good publicity for their cooking.

13 Likes

Apparently there was enough of an immediate backlash that the principal rescinded the demand within hours:

12 Likes

Now when do we get his removal for being that creepy?

4 Likes

The principal is a woman. Misogyny is an equal opportunity prejudice, unfortunately.

14 Likes

Ah, yes. Sorry. I hadn’t even read the article before getting my dander up. That said, I wouldn’t want anyone in charge demanding to review pictures of my kid.

4 Likes

Yeah, apparently you’re not the only one who feels that way!

6 Likes
10 Likes

They detained the VICTIMS of assault and battery. Yup, sounds about par for the course.

12 Likes