A thread of our own- misogyny

Related to that, Stephen King continues his recent theme of hyper-privileged douchery:

10 Likes

10 posts were merged into an existing topic: On Stephen King, privilege, and douchery

7 Likes

An interview with the author of “Gone Girl”:

11 Likes
10 Likes

On the one hand, it’s great that an incident of human trafficking was thwarted before it happened. On the other, I have to wonder if the mom in question had been a woman of color, would the outcome have been the same?

And yeah, it SUCKS to even have to think like that, but such is the reality we live in.

6 Likes

ETA:

19 Likes

On top of all the ways this is wrong, there is a fundamental belief that skinny chefs aren’t good publicity for their cooking.

13 Likes

Apparently there was enough of an immediate backlash that the principal rescinded the demand within hours:

12 Likes

Now when do we get his removal for being that creepy?

4 Likes

The principal is a woman. Misogyny is an equal opportunity prejudice, unfortunately.

14 Likes

Ah, yes. Sorry. I hadn’t even read the article before getting my dander up. That said, I wouldn’t want anyone in charge demanding to review pictures of my kid.

4 Likes

Yeah, apparently you’re not the only one who feels that way!

6 Likes
10 Likes

They detained the VICTIMS of assault and battery. Yup, sounds about par for the course.

12 Likes

Thread:

13 Likes

Ugh… glad I read that. Not gonna see that now.

10 Likes

That sounds like the shittiest revenge plot ever; hard pass.

11 Likes

Putting this here instead of starting a new topic.

6 Likes

Welp, that sounds like an astonishingly shitty movie.

2 Likes