A thread of our own- misogyny (Part 1)

Yeah, it fucking is. I hope someone intervenes before something horrible happens. I’m not a huge fan of the Kardashians, but fucking yikes.

13 Likes

I’m 5’ 10" and cannot get the seat belt adjusted low enough. Almost, but not quite. Given that 5’ 10" is average height for men, I’m not really sure what they are shooting for? And I don’t even have to worry about breasts, just trying to get the thing off of my neck. My 6’ 3" brother has no such issues.

13 Likes

“ Lyndon McLeod, who police say killed five people during a deadly rampage in the Denver area, was an author dedicated to alt-right philosophies, including masculine supremacy, contrarian COVID-19 beliefs, and targeted violence against the “weak.”

“ “This is basically the plot to my stupid book,” he wrote in April 2020. “Our entire society is made up of shitty little fucks who insult badasses & get away with it because law enforcement & social norms protect the WEAK from the STRONG. I’m over it.”

“The weak better buckle up… shit is about to get real,” he wrote.”

19 Likes

“Not all mass shooters” but enough to see the pattern. Of course he was…

12 Likes

Jack up the seat. And if the seat’s height can’t be adjusted (or doesn’t go up high enough) get one of those cushions. Totally worth it.

9 Likes

Totally legit solution. Annoyed that their “standard human” is apparently a 6 footer. Being a bog-standard issue male, this is annoying. I can’t imagine how much more annoying it is for women to deal with this shit.

14 Likes

Much, much more annoying. Feeling like something is about to saw your head off while sensitive parts are squeezed in a bad way - what’s not to hate?
I have modified seats and seatbelts in various cars, but that’s always more of a workaround than a proper fix. Fortunately in our current ride the B-column mounting thingy slides way down.

10 Likes

Oh wow! So manly! Killing people with a gun!!! Gosh! /s

Angry Star Trek GIF

17 Likes

WTF…

I bet that other than the actress, not a single woman worked on that commercial…

13 Likes

13 posts were merged into an existing topic: Toxic Masculinity: Dude, where are my emotions?

from

21 Likes

Funny how you never see these guys bragging about how they haven’t been driven before, then.

18 Likes

I’ll bet a bunch of them are Incels and are upset that they’ve been left on the lot for years. Probably going to be junked.

16 Likes

Pengistani losing his virginity…

car crash GIF

7 Likes

I remember some sci fi book where baby girls had their hymens pierced, I want to say in vitro, but maybe right at birth, to avoid the pain of their first sexual penetration and also to get rid of the fucking idiotic notion that women having intercourse somehow “sullies” them. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

8 Likes

Oh, God, we got the ABC bubblegum analogy when I was a kid. Even in junior high I thought that was gross. As time has gone on I have only found it grosser. To the point of “wait, this is fucking child abuse, you sick assholes!”

9 Likes

Cross-posted in the climate change thread as well:

19 Likes

And men STILL haven’t learned how to listen. :weary:

13 Likes

from

23 Likes

Powerful story:

14 Likes