A thread of our own- misogyny (Part 1)

Still misogyny when it comes from women:

13 Likes

Reading that is so, so fucking sad. And from the man’s perspective, what the hell would he want with a woman who has no self? I always told my kids “before you can give yourself to another, you have to have yourself.” This model seems to be “follow my advice and you will never need to have yourself. He will tell you who you are!” I have more than enough trouble leading my own life. No way would I want a partner who expects me to run theirs as well. Yeah, I am obviously not the sort that this woman would find attractive, but I feel safe in saying that would be mutual. Wow. Whole body “Ick!”

12 Likes
8 Likes

That woman will live a hollow life, devoid of true joy and love, until her husband divorces her and marries someone younger. Once her youth and beauty fades, he will be bored, annoyed, or just tired of taking care of her. At which point she will be completely helpless, unable to care for herself in the most basic ways. I’m not even talking money but just adulting. Like the author of the article criticizing the essay said, a man who married for such shallow reasons will marry someone else for those same shallow reasons once the first no longer suites his desires.

I don’t understand why a relationship like that would be desirable. It’s a parasitic model of a relationship. It would be awful to be the woman and probably exhausting to be the man.

12 Likes
12 Likes

It’s a good thing, but why the fuck did it take this long

13 Likes
12 Likes

Oh, we understand the customs all too well.

12 Likes

Chess Grandmaster Anna Muzychuk refuses to play in Saudi Arabia and says: “In a few days, I will lose two world titles, back to back.” Because I decided not to go to Saudi Arabia. I refuse to play by special rules, to wear abaya, to be accompanied by a man so I can leave the hotel, so I don’t feel like a second class person.
“I will follow my principles and not compete in the World Fast Chess and Blitz Championship where in just 5 days I could have won more money than dozens of other tournaments combined.” This is all very nasty but the sad part is no one seems to care. Bitter feelings but can’t go back. “
—Anna Muzychuk

19 Likes

18 Likes

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

10 Likes

:sob:

6 Likes

17 Likes
14 Likes

Wow that’s definitely scary. Did a quick search for more info and this tidbit of terror came up

12 Likes

These rules have been in place since long before 2018, and supposedly a hospital that does not follow them loses government funding. And yet, apparently not.

11 Likes

Ok, even setting aside the whole SA exam requirement, we (medical providers) are all manditory reporters. It is not optional for us to call CPS if we suspect child abuse. Just sending the child home is not ok. It is worth keeping in mind that SA evaluations are a subspecialty of their own. The SANE nurses in our area do all the SA evaluations, to make sure legal and custodial requirements are met, and the court appearances as well. The medical side of it is probably the least concerning part.

8 Likes

Oh yeah. I was part of the city-wide rape counseling service that the hospitals would contract with to ensure they had 24/7 coverage. One of our jobs was to ensure every step was done correctly, and of course to support the victim and explain what had to be done or what could be modified based on their needs in the moment. Even much of the medical aspects were simultaneously evidence collecting too. This is so many types of wrong at the same time.

11 Likes

No Charlie, it’s not the birth control pills that make them think you’re a horrible asshole.

11 Likes

He does that all by his damned self. Yuck :nauseated_face:

Unrelated but kind of related: about how previous cycles of backlash to feminism were successful in getting women to shut up by this cycle seems to be different

12 Likes