A thread of our own- misogyny (Part 1)

I agree. After hearing Marsha Blackburn yesterday at the end of the hearings, it really pissed me off. She kept going on about how conservative women are discriminated against by liberal women, because liberal women don’t have families, friends, and religion the way that conservative women do. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

18 Likes

I’ve heard like two or three things from my spouse mentioning headlines and they all drive me batshit crazy. Like the judge saying “I don’t recall” basically when asked by Harris if Trump’s nomination was intended to torpedo the ACA. Bullshit you don’t recall. My next questions would have been.

• You’re a judge, can you explain the importance of telling the truth when under oath?
  • And would a person saying they don’t remember something when they do in fact remember it constitute perjury?
  • And what would the burden of proof be to convict a person of perjury in that case?
  • So if a jury believed it was unreasonable to think the person didn’t remember, they could convict that person of perjury and that person could go to prison?
  • And if a supreme court judge was put in prison for perjury, do you think that would be grounds for impeachment and possibly a review of their previous decisions?
20 Likes

You should be come a senator! All of those are great follow-ups!

13 Likes

I’m not buying that conservative women are actually discriminated against by liberal women, but if they are, it’s not for those reasons. I think it might be that conservative women have a tendency to come off as self-righteous, judgmental prigs?

8 Likes

They are not, no… my point. It’s not discrimination to demand equal rights for women. It’s not discrimination to point out hypocrisy in conservative positions on gender.

11 Likes

Yeah, sorry, internet is hard. I got your point. Just wanted to make clear that I also don’t think it happens. But if those conservative women are feeling at all…less than loved by their more liberal counterparts, it has nothing to do with us liberal females not having friends or families.
That excuse reminds me of when guys complain that “girls don’t like me because (insert something to do with appearance or penis size, something they have no control over),” when actually it’s because they act like assholes.

5 Likes

Having worked with a LOT of conservative women in the last couple decades I totally do. Especially when one considers what “liberal” means to many conservatives (eg. ANY woman in a leadership role outside of childcare is liberal ergo ALL women bosses are liberal etc). That’s also not to mention it’s just also a function of how often women use misogynistic attacks against each other to gain social advantage, respond to a perceived threat, or just to lash out from sheer assholism with particular emphasis around the topics of work, sex, and motherhood. Yeah… I totally believe it.

9 Likes

I was thinking of the 2nd definition of discriminate:

make an unjust or prejudicial distinction in the treatment of different categories of people or things, especially on the grounds of race, sex, or age.

So I wasn’t thinking of it as discrimination, because it’s not unjust. It’s justified reactions by other people, based on their (the conservative women’s) actions and them wanting to hinder others’ rights.

Not arguing, just trying to clarify my original post on this topic. I know snark + internet often goes astray, but I couldn’t help being a little snarky towards/about those conservative women who think they’re being discriminated against, and that it’s due to my (or our) lack of friends or family instead of the fact that they are acting like jerks.

TL/DR: I get fed up and snarky when I hear of people (especially privileged, entitled people) act like anytime they’re held to account it’s due to some shortcoming in the “other” and not because they’re perhaps being arses in ways they could change if they wanted to. The snark was not aimed at anyone here.

3 Likes

Pro Life Candidate.

13 Likes
11 Likes

25 Likes
20 Likes

prince-harry-mad

9 Likes
7 Likes
11 Likes

Apart from the content, as someone who redacts things, I found this super interesting and I’m going to be forwarding it to work colleagues.

7 Likes
11 Likes

U.S. Signs Anti-Abortion Declaration With A Group Of Primarily Conservative Governments

10 Likes

Every day, I feel like the transition team’s to-do list will be a lot longer by January. Hopefully they’ll be prepared to roll back a lot of stuff like this and put it where it belongs.

13 Likes

Day 1:

Revoke every Trump executive order.

14 Likes