A tour of part of Kim Dotcom's mansion, including the panic room where he was arrested

One of the more amusing things I read about Dotcom was that he was number one on the Xbox Live leaderboards for some Call of Duty game. He did not drop to number two until he had been in jail almost two weeks.

ETA: found the article

2 Likes

Well, if they didn’t they would end up in the wrong costumes … that would be weird.

4 Likes

I’m stealing this.

1 Like

You know how when you’re walking through a door, and one person goes right and you go left, and then you back up and they go left and you go right?

That probably happened to them, and then they just named their poles.

5 Likes

“named their poles”

4 Likes

His panic room would have been fine against kidnappers or people who wanted to hit him with a wrench until he divulged the passwords.

To hold off foreign agents with a warrant and local police support, he needed minions willing to die for him. I guess they were on backorder. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

In case anyone was wondering what the outside looked like:

It looks like his panic room is on the top floor of the main building. The pull-down stairs led up to the roof. He presumably could have run up to the flat roof and found a (pre-prepared) place to get down to the ground level.

The first photo evidently photoshopped the roof. The second, shot by a quadcopter flyover, distinctly shows multiple structures, and an access point, on the flat roof:

2 Likes

He had a hedge maze?

Why even bother with a panic room when you can flee your house to the safety of your hedge maze? That always works out better.

5 Likes

LOL @ [ Update : Kim Dotcom tweeted to us, “@deantak @techmeme IM ALSO PRETTY GOOD AT MARIO KART. #FREEKIMDOTCOM.”]

2 Likes

My sister once lived in a share house where one bedroom was behind a book shelf on hinges. People would stay there just to graduate to that room.

1 Like

Well, technically, it is a shade of gray.

1 Like

Yes, but compared to The Donald^s digs, this is highly tasteful.

2 Likes

I agree with the theory that “the more money someone has + the more narcissistic they are = the more horrible their taste will be.”

Because they have all that money to spend on their pomposity, and no regard for outside influence.

Excess is ugly.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.