A touring Bolivian orchestra is stranded in a German castle surrounded by 23 packs of wolves

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/05/27/a-touring-bolivian-orchestra-i.html

6 Likes

Saying the castle is surrounded by surrounded by 23 packs of wolves is ridiculous. Though the German grey wolf numbers have begun to recover, they are a very skittish 1300 individuals in 41 packs that exist almost exclusively on unused areas of military bases. The story could have just as easily said surrounded by 32 flocks of song birds.

17 Likes

Short video report:

6 Likes

Came here to say that this story has a makings of a fun “based on actual events” docu-horror. Now I think it has the makings of a much more wholesome version, where the wolves end up being the displaced, misunderstood victims.

12 Likes

Best MacGyver episode idea EVER!

7 Likes

FIVE GOLDEN RINGS!
Four calling birds,
Three French hens,
Twwwooo turtle doves.
And a partrige in a pear tree.

17 Likes

And you may find yourself living in a German castle…

14 Likes
5 Likes

wait until the media finds out that the basement has several casks of a fine Amontillado!

10 Likes

Too early. It’s not even Thanksgiving yet.

3 Likes

I don’t know…I think I might skip this one.

Isle of Dogs was okay, but didn’t have the magic of say, Moonrise Kingdom. And I might be the only one who didn’t really like Grand Budapest Hotel, which this new one sounds a bit too similar to.

11 Likes

Or an episode of South Park.

3 Likes

From the photo alone Rheinsberg Palace clearly isn’t a 15th century moated castle but an 18th century palace, maybe built on the site of a 15th century maoted castle.

And you’re really not doing the great enlightenment philosopher king Frederick any favours by relating him to Hitler.

12 Likes

They can check-out any time they want…

unnamed

7 Likes

I wonder what Taika Waititi could do with this?

9 Likes

Sounds like a game of: Real news headline or Mad Libs game?

5 Likes

Can we top it?

A __________ is stuck in a ______ ________ surrounded by _________

6 Likes

A human is stuck in a fucking pandemic surrounded by MAGAs.

19 Likes

I would have said cool kid instead of human, but spot on. Sadly.

4 Likes

Weird, I’ve read all of Vonnegut’s books, but I don’t remember this one. They end up charming the wolves with music and escaping through the forest during a lunar eclipse, right?

8 Likes