A vending machine of mystery unclaimed packages

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/05/22/a-vending-machine-of-mystery-unclaimed-packages.html

7 Likes

I get ads for such thing in Facebook all the time. Some with Amazon in their names or URL’s. Can’t get a response from Amazon about such things. I put one of the URL’s into a scam tracking site and shock upon shock it was listed as VERY suspect.

6 Likes

There’s a physical store with one of these near my house! It’s called Treasure Outlet or something.

They buy pallets of the returns, which are just sitting there in the gaylords on the floor, or they have bins of sealed packages.

My son went there constantly for a few weeks, getting all sorts of random stuff. I’m pretty sure that was my fault - my absolute favorite thing to do that drives my wife up a wall is get a BoC from Woot, and this is basically that on demand.

9 Likes

I picked up some army surplus. I can’t wait to get it home and see what’s inside.

14 Likes

You can buy pallets of returns from Amazon directly:

5 Likes

And the pallets themselves are worth something too!

4 Likes

If you’re lucky, a bunch of cinnamon.

14 Likes

:: cackles :: Someone actually made a 3d-printable model of that, with the inside hollowed out so you could add something like ball bearings to weight it appropriately. I printed just a solid copy of it out of some bronze filament I have.

4 Likes

Instant death. Just add dihydrogen monoxide.

3 Likes

Leaving the address labels intact is not great for privacy!

2 Likes

Yikes! If the wrong person found that, the authorities might want to have a word with you.

1 Like

My luck would have me getting a box full of rubber dog crap.

Interestingly enough, the security people at work thought it was hilarious, right before they told me to take it home and leave it there. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.