A very dangerous mousetrap

That won’t work. Both ends of the cable are connected to the same metal mesh so the main current is through the mesh and misses the mouse entirely. Better design would have a small gap down the middle so the mouse completes the circuit.

Looks like a nice little prank device – put it under the covers at the foot of somebody’s bed…

It solves the problem of too many corpses and that’s a majority of my problems, so i’m still going with that plan.

5 Likes

It’s a start.

3 Likes

The first glance at the picture told me this article was bullshi#…

It's science:
Current: "I" .... Volts: "E"   .....(&) Resistance: "R"

I=E/R  .....  , E=R x I   ..... , or   R=E/I

The ‘complete’ board would short out (as noted above) as soon as it’s plugged in . . .

All the maker had to do though was slice the 'screen" down the center and put the bait in the middle of the slit… A ‘wet’ footed mouse might be electrocuted about half the time…

Glance again. The wires that are screwed to the screen are green and white - ground and neutral. There is no voltage potential between them. The supposition is that bait is placed on the hot (black) wire.

2 Likes

LOLOL ; ; ; ; Oh BLEEP !!

Good catch Skeptic !

I only followed the current to a bad/dead circuit… never even noted colors !

1 Like

I once made something similar to deter squirrels from eating from my bird feeder. No squirrels were killed, but boy howdy did they ever jump.

Send it to Big Clive!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.