A Very Ununsual Title IX Investigation

This whole thing is confusing. The professor identifies as lesbian, but apparently the the plaintiff has emails detailing her advances toward him, a gay man.

It’s unclear how many actually signed the letter. Apparently the author(s) added some at least one academic without their consent.

1 Like

NYU just suspended her, though right now it is only for a year. As details of the alleged assault come out, she increasingly seems like a very odd person. Here’s yesterday’s NYT article on the story:

Last June’s letter supporting her is jaw-droppingly stupid; it is as if all the top people Literary Theory around the world got together and wrote “don’t ever take me seriously again.”

1 Like

It certainly reads like a textbook example of all the bad arguments deployed in defense of male predators. I don’t know how the author(s) ever expected it not to go public. But the backlash it’s received from many within the #MeToo movement is encouraging. I think most people recognize the importance of holding people accountable sexual misconduct regardless of who they are.

That’s the important thing IMO. She should not be around students.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.