A visit to the crapgadget impulse aisle with Meh

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/11/10/a-visit-to-the-crapgadget-impu.html

I have a soft spot for crapgadgets. During my first stretch living in Silicon Valley, one of my favorite ways to spend a Sunday was to get a friend to drive me to Fry’s and just buy a whole whack of stuff from the impulse aisle: stuff that some optimistic entrepreneur had made an unsuccessful bet on, sold off to a jobber, who then split it into lots that were sold on to import/export places that eventually dumped it into Fry’s: black-and-white digital cameras without a viewfinder (I called it the “point-and-pray”); stuffed bootleg Windows 2000 logo plushies; digital walkie-talkies that looked like the Incredible Hulk.

3 Likes

If you lived where it actually got cold you would appreciate such slippers.

4 Likes

I sense a reMeh to Tintera.

1 Like

Ah yes, pointless and stupid consumerism at its finest.

5 Likes

Well that certainly explains the boingboing store…

9 Likes

@doctorow just FYI, your “Meh” link haz 404

2 Likes

Ohhh you got me! Took me a few paragraphs to realize this is a commercial. Well played.

2 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

The personal fogger really gave me a laugh. Truly a solution in search of a problem.

4 Likes

When Vaping isn’t enough…

4 Likes

The skates seem more stable to me than inline, but I challenge anyone to find a place where you can actually skate in Tijuana.

4 Likes

It’s not pointless, it’s all part of the junk’s cosmically meaningful journey to the Great Pacific Garbage Patch! /s

Hey, some people like to collect beautiful things to surround themselves with…and other people shop at Frys.

1 Like

What? Who is that stupid?

Oh. Never mind.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.