A wild grouse became smitten with a Connecticut man, but doesn't want wife and kids around

Originally published at: A wild grouse became smitten with a Connecticut man, but doesn't want wife and kids around | Boing Boing

2 Likes

I wonder if Mary Beth should start getting worried if she comes home and finds grouse feathers in the bedroom…

while he chases us down the driveway in our cars

Shocked Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

3 Likes

The title says Connecticut man while the article says New Hampshire man. Which one is it? Because this is totally typical for New Hampshire Man, but Connecticut Man? No way!!

1 Like

Uh huh. Male grouse. Here’s a less friendly version (there’s sufficient warning at beginning of video CC=English):
The Crazy Rackelhahn (Rackelwild)

TL;DR

One bird beats another bird to death. Rips its head off. Then proceeds to fuck the corpse.

1 Like

The lusty Lyrebird (click-bait)… One strange trick that Lyrebirds do to attract a mate:

I thought I was prepared, but I was not.

Also make sure to keep that guys wife and kids away from Walter.

So, per the vid male grouse appear to be tame (hanging around you) but are actually just protecting their territory and attack trespassers. That would explain the “friendly” grouse on the guy’s shoulder.

Are you grousing about the title?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.