Hens pursue Amazon driver

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/12/02/hens-pursue-amazon-driver.html

6 Likes

I love how the lead hen stops once she gets to the dirt track that the poor guy is booking it down… She’s like, “that’s what I thought, motherclucker…”

16 Likes

Those aren’t just hens. Those are guinea fowl, which are viciously territorial. They will attack anything that comes onto your property with the bravery of a pack of dogs, and they eat ticks like they’re candy.

28 Likes

FACTS, you say! Pffft.

That seems like a bonus to having the vicious cluckers around…

11 Likes

Brilliant. Also quite surprised he walked (then ran) all that way… not exactly the time efficiency they’re known for.

5 Likes

The only thing that video is missing is the “yakkety Sax” song.

6 Likes

Was going to say the same thing about them being guinea fowl. Also the one in front is almost certainly a cock not a hen.

11 Likes

Footage in need of a Yakety Sax accompaniment.

3 Likes

Don’t forget they have some rather strong eggs. My grandfather had some while living in the plains (all dirt, no rocks). Claimed you could throw them as far as you wanted and they wouldn’t break.

1 Like

Who’s the chicken now, eh?

7 Likes

Good to know. I’ve been looking for some strong eggs for an upcoming event.

9 Likes

I suspect it’s not really an Amazon driver, but a setup. There’s no van, no vehicle at all in fact that I can see? The video time-skips when the runner nears the road and he disappears. So it’s perhaps just the resident having some fun

5 Likes
5 Likes

Hey, @hecep !! What is it with you and dinosaurs today?

BB birbs --> dinosaur references

5 Likes

Those Mother Cluckers means business.

Thanks for clearing that up @Robertor I didn’t think regular barnyard chickens behaved like that.

1 Like

The vehicle could have been hidden from our view by all the trees (center-top of screen). As far as we not seeing the vehicle being driven away, I noticed in my area that Amazon drivers tend to spend a bit of time sitting in their vehicles after dropping things off. Perhaps they’re doing some electronic ‘paperwork’ in there related to the drop-off made and/or a pending drop-off.

1 Like

6 Likes

That driver is actually Sheldon Cooper in an alternative universe.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.