A woman climbed into the lion exhibit at the Bronx Zoo and uploaded video to Instagram

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/10/02/a-woman-climbed-into-the-lion.html

3 Likes

The lions are thinking, “let this one live, she’s extra stupid and will go out and encourage more dinner/toys to jump into the pen.”

38 Likes

There exists a special kind of stupid, when a person is aware of the rules, and know why the rules are in place, but take for granted that the rules simply doesn’t apply to them.
Because they are above all that, and will make their own risk evaluation, thank you very much.
I’m not just talking about hubris or narcissism here, its more like this is where we get when we indoctrinate people from an early age that the individual is always more important than the collective.

29 Likes

of-course

35 Likes

source-12

Well, I won’t, obviously. I don’t need the Instagram Likes that badly.

41 Likes

I think she’s in more danger of falling in that moat than she is from the lion.

13 Likes

Is her name Danielle? rimshot

But I do wonder whether a lifetime of watching “Plucky hero defies the odds,” stories encourages this sort* of risk-taking.

*and other sorts too.
ETA. Really, I’m just glad that neither she nor the lion was hurt. Do not fuck with apex predators. Also, do not fuck with territorial herd creatures. In general, do not fuck with non-domesticated animals. Even animals that have been raised by humans still have their natural behaviors ready to be triggered. A lifetime of human contact is not the same as 100s of generations of breeding for docility.

26 Likes

How many people need to be eaten by lions before Instagram starts de-platforming idiots putting themselves in this sort of danger for the likes?

That’s a rhetorical question, btw. I know the answer is probably “all the people”, or perhaps at best “until it starts turning advertisers off”.

19 Likes

Thanks, live action Lion King! Look what you have wrought.

7 Likes

Okay, not as bad as it looks. When you watch the video carefully, you can see that the real barrier keeping the lions in is the moat and she never gets onto the far side of that with the lion. Still a pile of stupid.

8 Likes

Even the lion knows this there is something wrong. Lion, “Um, there’s a lady in here. Is someone going to take care of this?”

36 Likes

Then giving young Albert a shilling,
He said “Pop off back to the Zoo.
'Ere’s your stick with the 'orses’s 'ead 'andle,
Go and see what the Tigers can do!”

http://monologues.co.uk/Alberts-Return.htm

9 Likes

Burp

43 Likes

My year isn’t truly complete until I see a news story about some idiot who climbs into a zoo enclosure, so thanks. This one gets bonus points for being captured on video (a growing trend, I hope), but loses points because she didn’t try to convert the animals to Christianity.

I love the look on the lion’s face. “Wait, who’s this arsehole?”

37 Likes

Everybody Lions Until theY Meet Them in the Flesh

very true

6 Likes

ANIMALS CAN FEEL LOVE JUST LIKE HUMANS

Therefore they must love you, because everyone loves you. You’re just the most special snowflake.

I COME IN SHALOM INDIGO HEBREW ISRAELITE CHILD OF “THE MOST HIGH” .

Why am I not surprised religion is involved somehow.

”Its funny Cause you can hear Grown Men Scared smh ;

Yeah, how dare those people be concerned about your safety when you deliberately annoy a bunch of enormous predators. Fuck those cowards, am I right?

“Only People wasn’t scared was me and The Chidren. All the Adults was Scared

Doing something that everyone except children knows is a bad idea isn’t something to be proud of.

I never Ran And I never WiLLunless I’m getting in Shape

“Did I not mention how awesome I am yet? I hit the gym every day too! Look at me, everybody! Pay attention! Look at meeeeeee”

I cannot imagine how insecure this person must be to frame being a disruptive, self-absorbed asshole as some kind of enlightened triumph.

26 Likes

“I don’t care.”
Pierre InstaMoron

38 Likes

I guess we can be thankful the lion didn’t attack. Not because of the harm to the moronic woman, but because they would have then put the lion down.

33 Likes

Almost…Next time…
charles-darwin-9266433-1-402

17 Likes

If you’re going to do something that stupid, you pretty much have to be.

22 Likes