A woman who sold fake COVID-19 immunization cards gets three years in Federal prison

Originally published at: A woman who sold fake COVID-19 immunization cards gets three years in Federal prison | Boing Boing

7 Likes

Donald Glover Reaction GIF

Now, can she get some extra time for daring call herself “doctor”?

36 Likes

The whole Naturopathic Doctor “ND” thing is pretty much like Chiropractic witch doctors.

17 Likes

What? A naturopath fraud?
simpsons search GIF

14 Likes

Based on her sovereign citizen-style nonsense claims, who wants to bet that on January 7th, 2023 she’s going to be on a reservation claiming that the law enforcement officers who come to get her for failing to turn herself in on the 6th have no authority there?

Narrator: They do have authority there.

16 Likes

16 Likes

22 Likes

She told customers that the pellets contained small amounts of the virus and would create an antibody response, they said.

You mean, like a vaccine?

20 Likes

12 Likes

Interesting wrinkle on the sovereign citizen nonsense… I’m also guessing she’s about as “Native American” as I am - like many Americans, she has some (in her case, distant) ancestry but absolutely no cultural connection. Somehow she thinks genetics makes her immune to the law…

15 Likes

She may claim to be Native, but her attitude screams white. I may be totally wrong, but I think I am probably not.

11 Likes

I’d sooner seek medical advice from Zoidberg.

doctorate

11 Likes

She really should get vaxed before going to her cell block.

8 Likes

Yeah, she’s obviously someone who’s used to being able to pick and choose what privilege she can bring to bear in a given situation, and ancestry seemed like a good one to use here.

7 Likes

What makes you think they’ll take her? Tribal police don’t mess around. They’ll just hand her over.

7 Likes

It seems like a really weird take given that periods and contexts in which the feds recognized relations with the Native Americans as a matter outside the scope of domestic law are a matter of historical record; but they have a nasty habit of involving the Department of War going in to conduct some international relations.

It’s overwhelmingly more plausible than the usual sovereign citizen stuff; but that’s not obviously a virtue when the smirking ghost of Andrew Jackson is quite likely to pop up and cheerfully note that immunity to legal action doesn’t mean immunity to extralegal action.

6 Likes

Did she sell the fake vaccine cards on a reservation, though? I would think that any claims of immunity would hinge on violations of federal law that took place on a reservation.

4 Likes

Except it seems pretty likely she’s got no real connection to any tribe, and she clearly does not reside on recognized tribal land… I’m guessing she considers herself “Native American” because of some partial (and potentially imaginary) ancestry.

She seems to have sold them in… Napa, California. I would be very, very surprised if she had ever been on a reservation, or had any connection to one.

7 Likes

I think that there is a strong case to be made that certain federal (and perhaps even state) laws should not apply to reservations, but what you do in the United States of America is going to be subject to state and federal law no matter who you are.

So yeah, I don’t think she has a leg to stand on.

4 Likes

This woman is only denigrating the remarkable heritage of our native peoples. They have nothing to do with her bullshit.

10 Likes