Abandoned dog raised by coyote pack is "sweetest, most loving dog"

Originally published at: Abandoned dog raised by coyote pack is "sweetest, most loving dog" | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Ghost is suffering from ear and eye infections, skin problems, and a broken toe that must be amputated, they say, but is expected to fully recover

Best Friends Awww GIF by Topshelf Records

I hope he finds a good home. As for me, I already have six cats… :frowning_face:

20 Likes

This is a new spin on the old trope, I guess.

11 Likes

Haha! Hadn’t heard that one before. Geez!

4 Likes

Tarzan? Not exactly, of course, but along the general lines. Although raised by gorillas, he did come in contact with human populations.

4 Likes

Also the entire John Carter of Mars series. Edgar Rice Burroughs was a big fan of the trope.

Of course audiences are far too progressive these days to go for that sort of tired old …what do you mean Avatar 2 just passed the $2 Billion mark at the box office?

15 Likes

I’m thinking also Dune, for a modern interpretation of the trope.

9 Likes

6 Likes

“Is it cool if I have a couple friends crash for the weekend?”

13 Likes

Nice to be asked; so “friends” just invite themselves over.

4 Likes

I know of at least one real world example, as covered in this episode of Futility Closet. But as far as fiction goes, i do find that trope to be questionable at best. Racist and abhorrent at worst.

4 Likes

That Marco Polo show on Netflix definitely would have been better without the titular character. Benedict Wong playing Kublai Khan would have been a fine premise for a show on its own, without needing Marco Polo there telling him how to build trebuchets and whatnot. (Plus there was a lot of gratuitous stuff with female nudity but that’s another issue.)

2 Likes

A Princess of Mars is about twice as old as Dune

They’re both historical relics, really

4 Likes

Dog to his new coyote friends: “I absolutely can domesticate those primates and I’ll prove it to you!”

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.